What's In Your PCI Slots?

With five PCI slots on ATX boards, what do you guys put in 'em? Only one of mine is in use (Audigy 2).

Perhaps I'm missing out on some useful hardware.

A X-Fi with all the intergration in the motherboards I cant find any reason for anything for anything but a sound card.

SoundBlaster Live! in the last slot
NetGear Ethernet card next to that (onboard crapped out on me)

So no one's using more than one or two of their slots? It also seems like more slots are used because something onboard has stopped working.

well, i know a guy who has soundcard, ethernet card, and tv tuner in his PC... and 1 PCI-2-USB card... and sometimes i use third PCI slot (i only have 3 of them) to install SCSI card, cause i've got SCSI hdd's in my old PC...

I've got 3 pci slots, all filled in the following order :
- Ovislink Gigabit NIC
- LevelOne 54mbps Wifi NIC
- Pinnacle PCTV Tv-tuner

2 XFX 7800 GT Extreme Editions SLI

1 Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum

1 Hauppage PVR 500 Dual Tuner

1 1 Zalman PCI slot fan controller

Since I watercool, the waterblock on my bottom video card is blocking one of my PCI slots where my future PhysX card is supposed to be going :( ... Sure I wish I knew of a slim or single slot waterblock so I can use that slot...

My primary workstation has an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and an LSI 53c875 SCSI-U3 controller sitting in it.
My debugging workstation has a VMetro PBT-615, VIA-based USB card with a pair of Corelis CAS1000 I2C Analyzers attached, Intel i960RD PCI reference board, and I'm still trying to get my hands on an Intel IOP331 PCI-X reference board. Disks are handled by an LSI Logic Elite1650 with 256MB.

Right now I just have have a turtle beach santa cruz(anyone remember back when that was an awesome card? :D ) Until recently I also had a wintv-dbx and and an ide controller, but I moved the tuner and extra hard drives out to a dedicated fileserver/myth box.

GJSNeptune said:
How do you like that M-Audio Audiophile? I'm considering getting one sometime.

Damn fine card, I've been impressed. I don't have it on any isolation or decoupling, and it's not picking up any case EMI/RFI or PCI noise. Can't say the same for the vast majority of other cards I've tested.

I've got an Audigy 2 ZS in one slot, and a Hauppauge 150MCE TV Tuner in the other slot.

TV Tuner and Soundcard (Chaintech AV-710) for me. Double slot vid card cooler takes up my last PCI slot in a mATX board.

X-Fi & AV-710, both soundcards. The X-Fi is for analog gaming, and the AV-710 is for optical out to a DAC.

Nothing until 2 days ago when my onboard ethernet card went out. So I have one filled with a network card.

3Com gigabit NIC
Adaptec Ultra160 SCSI RAID controller
AMI MegaRAID SCSI RAID controller
SB Live 5.1 sound card

I used to have a SCSI card, USB2.0, and a Firewire card in mine, but I took out the SCSI card and SCSI drives due to heat issues.

DeChache said:
A X-Fi with all the intergration in the motherboards I cant find any reason for anything for anything but a sound card.

Sound card and TV Tuner.

A Soundblaster Audigy 2 because my onboard sound is all done in software and has a hiss...and other then the video card thats it :p

Nothing.

I am quite happy with the on-board sound the Karajan audio modules is producing and I have no need for anything else.

A Sound Blaster X-Fi. The mobo is a K8N Diamond Plus. The two 7900GTXs suck up all the rest of the PCI slots (all of one, wow) and PCI-E slots....doesn't bother me though I have a fully loaded gaming system which makes me happy (see sig)

Some random TV tuner, (goog pc tv I think)
Some random sound card (with the two ports on that, and the 7.1 integrated on the motherboard, and a little trickery, I can get 5 separate songs/movie audios/whatever playing on each output)

Hauppauge WinTv 500-MCE 05 and Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS. Im leaving the other PCI open so my 7800GTX can breath.

Sound card, wireless NIC, the other is shaded by an acceleor x2 x1900XT. None others. Got a pic-e 1x available in between that x1900XT and the other CF edition on top. Overall, once they start pumping out some 1x gear you can't beat the layout of the DFI CFX3200 or similar.

454Casull said:
What the fuck? How did my post get above yours?
There is a bit of a hickup on the [H] today.

As for me right now an Audigy 2ZS and a 3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 :p, the 7900GT comes tomorrow thankfully :D.

A NIC because my onboard lan took a dookie :(

Oh well, it was only 25 bucks, not bad.

Linksys Wireless 54G card
Soundblaster Live Value
Promise IDE card

If I trusted this oldass VIA Apollo Pro 133 board I would also have 10/100 ethernet card in it. Actually, if I get another system at home that needs internet access I'll have to put the PCI ethernet card back in. I took it out so I could put my IDE card in so I'd be able to access the data on my 120 gig and the two 160 gig drives. I want my DFI board working again.

Back