What's currently the best PS4 gaming monitor money can buy

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Currently using an ASUS VN279QL 27" MVA panel and wanting to try something else. Looking for something the same size that has a little better response time but isn't a TN panel with washed out colors. Anyone tried the MG279Q on a PS4? Will it look noticeably worse scaling from 1440p to 1080p compared to my native 1080p?

CrazyRob

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently using an ASUS VN279QL 27" MVA panel and wanting to try something else. Looking for something the same size that has a little better response time but isn't a TN panel with washed out colors. Anyone tried the MG279Q on a PS4? Will it look noticeably worse scaling from 1440p to 1080p compared to my native 1080p?

As a rule of thumb, I would avoid monitor scaling if at all possible, since very few games run at the native 1080p. Double scaling would likely lead to a very soft picture. That being said, I have not tested the monitor you're asking about, so I don't have any first hand experience either way.

If you're not familiar with it, I recommend checking out http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ which will let you sort displays not only be input latency, but also resolution, screen size, and panel type.

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
I am sort of considering the BenQ XL2720Z. Even though it is a TN panel it supposedly has above average TN colors and would probably have noticeably better response time than my current ASUS MVA.

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
You definitely want to avoid 1440p monitors. The upscaled 1080p signal will look far worse than it would on a native 1080p display.

I used the XL2720Z briefly with my PS4 and Xbox One. It's a good monitor, but it does have noticeable dithering from its 6bit display. Other than that I enjoyed it and it had extremely good input lag and pixel response times for gaming.

Right now I'm using a Dell S2715H which I like a lot, it's IPS and has a glossy screen - but the glossy screen is not for everybody.