What's been the most relaxing game you've played of late?

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
Pinball FX2. Been playing the Tesla table and it is very relaxing for me.

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness
Pinball FX2. Been playing the Tesla table and it is very relaxing for me.
I couldn't find a bundle that includes the Tesla table.

Must it be purchased separately??

Oh, and Rez on my 360. It's basically Starfox For Dummies on the 4th of July heh.

Armenius

Fully [H]
Titan Quest, Dark Souls, and The Binding of Isaac are my top 3 for games to relax to.

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
Tesla table comes with the install of Pinball FX2 as a demo which I then unlocked by buying, at least, it did with me.

I couldn't find a bundle that includes the Tesla table.

Must it be purchased separately??

Last edited:

scojer

Supreme [H]ardness
The Plan
No Man's Sky (seriously, just flying around in a space ship, or exploring the planets, especially the caves, is relaxing)
Unreal Tournament (Nothing better than gibbing some noobs)

Reactions: J3RK
like this

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
The Plan
No Man's Sky (seriously, just flying around in a space ship, or exploring the planets, especially the caves, is relaxing)
Agreed. It's paced very well for this too. It's not too demanding, it's not trying to be a simulation like Elite: Dangerous. It's easy to just get absorbed into it because the mechanics become transparent.

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
I'm going to have to add Breath of the Wild. Sure there are some decent battles that you find yourself in, but you can also explore at your leisure, and there are a lot of cool places to see, things to acquire, some cool characters in some way-out places, etc. Just wandering around, climbing and then gliding around on the paraglider thing is extremely relaxing and fun.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
NightSky is one of the most relaxing games I've played within the last few years. I have some of these other ones waiting in the ol' b-log.

dgz

Supreme [H]ardness
Well when I relax I just go to my vacation house in Hawaii

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
Well when I relax I just go to my vacation house in Hawaii
That's always an excellent option! My wife and I usually hit Hana or Playa del Carmen for THAT type of relaxation. :D Still though, after a long work day, getting kids' homework wrapped up, putting them to bed, hanging out with my wife for a bit, I like to play a game on occasion and get absorbed into my own little world for a while.

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
That game is on my wish list. I got 3 Cabela hunting games (super cheap on sale) - they're perfect for hangover days.
I'm still trying to parse he fact I'm sitting in a virtual tree stand as my Hoyt sits in its case downstairs and I'm too lazy to go to the range...

NickJames

Supreme [H]ardness
I love any slow building/planning game so City Skylines is up there. Same with Planetcoaster or any other simulation games. Hell even Civilization is up there. As long as I don't need quick reflexes I consider it relaxing.

RogueTrip

2[H]4U
Project brutality doom with custom maps like freedoom or dtwid

Quake using quakespasm and conversion like arcane dimension or honey or dopa.

All fun easy to pickup and get through levels quick enough and save game when you want to save.

MGCJerry

Limp Gawd
Relaxing? Actually a few depending how wound up I am...

1. Unreal Tournament (the old old old one *waves cane babbling about kids on his lawn*)
2. Space Engine (not quiet a game - yet, but fun to explore)
3. Saints Row 4. My favorite "superhero powers" game.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
Quake 1 was relaxing cause it was so Raw it didn't use bells and whistles it was Punk.

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
It's kind of funny, but I do agree with some of the entries here for shooters. (especially Quake) They're not relaxing games by nature, but it's really easy to fall into a Zen-style state with them. I believe it's due to the simplicity of controls, the fluid game mechanics, etc. The controls become transparent almost instantly, and you're just there, in the game. That's how I used to get while playing Quake 3 most of the time.

twonunpackmule

[H]ard|Gawd
Honestly, I found Berserk and the Band of the Hawk to be quite relaxing. It's just a simple beat em up/slaughter fest. It also is a solid way to be introduced to the wonderful world of Berserk.

I wish Yuke's was able to port the Dreamcast and PS2 game to PC. I don't even think they're around anymore.