whats a really good pump?

complex

Limp Gawd
i need a water pump for my wc setup with 2 Heater cores rbx and future add on of the 6800 water block from danger den

i have looked at several pumps but im not shure wha to get

this is what i have heard of that sounds like they would be good or maybe theres soemthing better then these thats actually afordable
mcp 650 (would get 600 but there discontinued)
mag 3 (350gph, 9ft head)
mag 5 (450gph, 10ft head)

MCP650. Mag3 is prone to leaks/cracks on the inlet; Mag5 is big and hot. MCP600 is still around under the AquaXtreme brand name, but the MCP650 has more power and a longer lifespan.

MCP650 is a very slick pump. Its a decent bit better than the MCP600 was. If you don't care about noise, you could go for Danger Den's 12V pump (which is actually just an older, more powerful version of the MCP650).

The leakage problem in the Mag3 pump is easy to fix, all you need to do is put a layer of Marine Goop around the inlet housing, takes less then 5 minutes.

The MCP650 is probably the best pump you can buy right now for PC watercooling besides an Iwaki MD20RZT which are more than double the price of the MCP650.

WOOT! I LOVE my Iwaki.
Pumps through about 5 feet of tubing, including a reduction to 3/8" and back to 1/2", 4 waterblocks, a thermochill he 120.3 rad, and my res, and I stilll get about 2.5GPM. It was $100, however.

dangerdens D4 Pump performs better then swiftecs. Its a really close tie though. But swiftecs 650 is almost the exact same as the D4 , but its quiter i guess.

The new D4s and the Swiftech MCP650 are the same pump. DD needs to update thier flo charts for it. Ooops I see they have.

i think ill just get a 650 but where is a good place that has it besides frozen cpu (there shiping is expensive as hell) and swiftech

Back