whats a good ups for college

hollandbk

Weaksauce
yes I've read the guide but it didn't really recommend any specific models, I need something more to protect my equipment and filter noise then for back up but 1 or 2 minutes of back up would be nice also. The power in the area I'm living in tends to be stable but we have had the occasion black outs and surges. The only things I'm plugging into this would be my computer monitor digital piano and maybe a mixer or amp on occasions. I would like to stay under 100 but I can spend more if its necessary, Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated :D

It's easier to sort through the options when you've got an idea of how much power you're normally pulling through the wall with all your equipment.

That being said, unless you've got the latest and greatest in computer equipment running at 100% full load while also running your mixer, etc. - a modest UPS will suit your needs.

The top of the line consumer APC model (before you start getting into the more advanced features) might serve you well. It's rated for up to 450W.

It comes in under your budget at about $86.00 here, and I've seen it as low as $70.00 at Best Buy while on sale.

It's easier to sort through the options when you've got an idea of how much power you're normally pulling through the wall with all your equipment.

That being said, unless you've got the latest and greatest in computer equipment running at 100% full load while also running your mixer, etc. - a modest UPS will suit your needs.

The top of the line consumer APC model (before you start getting into the more advanced features) might serve you well. It's rated for up to 450W.

It comes in under your budget at about $86.00 here, and I've seen it as low as $70.00 at Best Buy while on sale.

not really the greatest computer 920 i7 with hx620 power supply

Amp? Piano? What the hell? Why would you do that?

You'll need a pretty beefy APC SmartUPS or Liebert.

Also, please master the use of commas. You use them in a list. It took me a minute to figure out that you meant your computer and your monitor when you said "computer monitor." Or perhaps you haven't taken that class yet.

I've had good luck with a couple of these refurbished APC SmartUPSes. They're probably the best quality you can get for the money (especially since the batteries are new) - assuming you don't mind having a large ~70 pound brick-of-a-UPS under your desk anyway.

http://www.upsforless.com/ibm1500tlv.aspx

Amp? Piano? What the hell? Why would you do that?

You'll need a pretty beefy APC SmartUPS or Liebert.

Also, please master the use of commas. You use them in a list. It took me a minute to figure out that you meant your computer and your monitor when you said "computer monitor." Or perhaps you haven't taken that class yet.

its called recording, my digital piano is worth about twice as much as my computer so as you can understand I don't want to plug it into any old cheap surge protector. I'll work on the commas later :p

Back