What's a good steering wheel for NFS:MW

EricDawg

Limp Gawd
I had a old Saitek R100 that worked just great, but I don't have a PCI gamecard for it anymore. I was looking at the Logitech MOMO.

Anyone have one they'd recommend?

NFS is a arcade... wheels dont work all that great on it, I see people work me in that game with a keyboard..

Wheels are for sims liek NSR, or paparus 2003...

but if you must, (for the fun of it) the logitech Momo is great, or the new MS wheels are good

not much to choose from

i have the logitech momo steering wheel, but i wouldn't even consider using it in Most Wanted. The game is FAR too fast and twitchy. Maybe for screwing around in the game, but there's no way you'll keep up with the opponents you have to race against. I'm number 10 on the blacklist right now, so it's gonna get a lot faster too.

I use a gamepad and it works great. I have a simple one right now with just a d-pad but i think i'm gonna get a dual analog one soon for the minor movements you might need while flying down the highway. I need more buttons too.

If you use a wheel in MW, you'll be fine. The opponents usually stay pretty close to you, no matter what happens. Occasionally they zip past or lag behind.

my roommate went out and bought the logitech driving force pro just for this game and it did not turn out too well. for one thing the wheel is capable of going 360, but the settings in mw doesn't even allow the wheel to go 180. the slightest twictch of the wheel sent the car turning too much. i assume it was too sensative and there wasn't much of any options to fix that. like lunchbox3904 said, a game pad works quite well. i've been using the xbox 360 controller and it works like a charm for the game.

LunchboX3904 said:
i have the logitech momo steering wheel, but i wouldn't even consider using it in Most Wanted. The game is FAR too fast and twitchy. Maybe for screwing around in the game, but there's no way you'll keep up with the opponents you have to race against. I'm number 10 on the blacklist right now, so it's gonna get a lot faster too.

I use a gamepad and it works great. I have a simple one right now with just a d-pad but i think i'm gonna get a dual analog one soon for the minor movements you might need while flying down the highway. I need more buttons too.

Dude I have the Logitech Momo steering wheel and I can keep up with the speed of the cars. I find the Momo great for MW I reckonmen it anyday uh and I am up to #5 blacklist and and I still find the momo great with the speed of the cars. :D

I just can't find whats wrong with this steering wheel for MW :confused: .

EricDawg said:
I had a old Saitek R100 that worked just great, but I don't have a PCI gamecard for it anymore. I was looking at the Logitech MOMO.

Anyone have one they'd recommend?

Totally blanantly off topic but.... Isnt MOMO the name for a very very rare disease(3 diagnosed cases) in which a baby will just keep growing and getting fatter and larger till it dies? :eek: I dont think that is the best name for a product.

I beat NFS:MW with the Logitech MOMO, but I agree that the game does play better with something like a gamepad. You can tell the devs didn't have a steering wheel in mind as once you move the wheel all the way as fast as you can turns become easier as opposed to driving normally. But on near straightaways you get a ton of precision with a wheel.

As for the MOMO name, its the name of an Italian company that makes.... steering wheels!

Does NFSMW actually support analog steering controls?

Just because you're using a steering wheel does not mean you have analog steering - it might still be full left, full right, and a dead zone in the middle.

LordBritish said:
Does NFSMW actually support analog steering controls?

Just because you're using a steering wheel does not mean you have analog steering - it might still be full left, full right, and a dead zone in the middle.

yea for real!, but i thik it dose, i knwo the last NFS game i played did support full strearing

i was using an older MS sidewinder wheel on it, its fine. a little sensitive, but you get used to it.

My friend traded me his Momo and I have mixed impressions of it. I had made it to about Blacklist 7 or 8 with an older (non-force feedback) Logitech wheel. The steering was extremely sensitive, but I got used to the feel of it.
Now I tried to switch to the Momo and I can't handle it. It is way too hard to steer, as if I was driving a car that doesn't have power steering. That may just be a result of force feedback (when I try to turn the wheel real quick I can hear the gears and motor in the wheel grinding against each other.
Since my older wheel didn't have enough buttons, I always drove with auto transmission, but when I got the momo I tried to do manual. I decided that I need to just get used to the feel of driving with the new wheel before I try to tackle adding manual transmission.

Although, I'm not sure there is really a benefit in this game to using a manual transmission, is there?

Back