what's a good server case that has USB 3.0 at the front?

corsair 700D or 800D will work, Fractal Designs XL Case, there are a few options, but your budget will dictate what you can use.
Lian-li Has plenty too...
It's just an EATX Motherboard, even though they list it as EEB, its EATX by size.
305mmx330mm

If it's listed as SSI EEB and it uses those mount points instead of the EATX ones, you'll want a case that supports it. The 800D does not unless you feel like creating your own, I was going to reuse my 800D, but said screw it and just bought one that actually works out of the box, the Lian-Li V2120.

I have another SSI EEB system using any older dual processor Asus DSEB-DG in a Silverstone TJ09, it works perfectly as well, but AFAIK they never updated it with usb 3.0 front ports. It is nice getting a case with a removable mb tray, makes mounting everything up so much easier. Of course with LGA 2011 the heatsinks mount to the LGA bracket, but back in the day, you had to bolt them through the motherboard to the case.

....sorry, my original post was not accurate...move along now, nothing to see here

Last edited:
Back