Whats a good place to buy LEDs?

tobrien

n00b
what i need are some bright, bi-color (red/blue) LEDs

i already checked ebay but they dont have the color i want (red/blue)

i also checked www.lsdiodes.com , but their red/blue LEDs are bright enough

can you guys help me?:)

also, what would be a good size for an LED that would be used in a fanbus? 3mm or 5mm?

tobrien said:
but their red/blue LEDs are bright enough
are = aren't?

If you are using them in a fanbus, I'm sure their LEDs would be plenty bright enough. You don't want to light up the entire room with them, trust me, bright LEDs are annoying unless you are lighting up the inside of your case with them. And it is hard to say which size you should use if you supply no details into how you will be using the LEDs on a fanbus.

in my experience those bi-color LEDs are never very bright.

The red/blue LED from LSDiodes is 2300 mcd avg. brightness. That's definitely bright enough to let you know what's going on. Like was previously stated, any brighter, and you start lighting up the room. I'd go with LSDiodes, just because the price and service are top notch.

just made an order with LSDidodes(or what ever) and i had an issues( made 2 seperate orders, cuz i didnt know what i wanted) andtehn emailed them, and on a sunday, i got it resolved in a couple of hours :)

LSDiodes always sends me a cool sticker about how robots WILL take over... that's why thy're my favorite. :cool:

i always bought mine at radioshack, but i dont know if they have any as bright as what you are looking for.

now i'm not entirely sure about the bicolor LEDs, but i love ebay so much that i went on there to look for some 3 mm, blue LEDs...dude, for 14 bucks i got a pack of 100 ultra bright blue leds 3mm. it was from hong kong me thinks, but they were still worth the deal. it would have cost me around $168 if i got it from any other supplyer. hehe, i stuck them in my keyboard (basic mod ofcourse), and dude, it lights up my roof in the dark, and my roof isnt low either, not to mention , that i stuck 14 of them in the front of my computer, the entire room is illuminated by this thing. they have a very very very slight UV quality to them, and my bro and i had a blast just going around hte house armed with a watchbattery and an led just seeing which things might possibly be uv reactive..you can friggin read by the light this thing gives off :D

I'll post a link to it if i find it again..so sad i didnt buy 200 of em

i got 50 good blue LEDs and 50 resistors for $10 shipped on ebay. there is a company that sells them so you should find an equally good deal--all 5mm LEDs

lukeh182 said:
i got 50 good blue LEDs and 50 resistors for $10 shipped on ebay. there is a company that sells them so you should find an equally good deal--all 5mm LEDs

I got 100 for 15 shipepd from hong kong, I am finally reaching the bottom of the bag mwith my mods lol....I have 28 blue leds in my xbox, and, for kicks, I ran 12 volts to a pair of them to see what would happen. They stink, got hot, and glowed orange:(

Back