What's a good oc'ing 775 mobo < $150

Seventyfive

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for the fastest overclocking socket 775 mobo I can get for < 150. Right now I'm looking at a Abit IP35-pro and I think that seems like the deal. I would have gone for an IP35-E but for $40 more I might as well get heatpipes, more sata, etc... Plus, I have owned 3 abit boards and all of them have been rock solid reliable for me so I like the brand.

How is the DFI blood iron? Is that decent?

I don't need SLI so I don't think any of the nvidia offerings are worth it for me. plus i hear they don't oc that great (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm hesitant to buy another gigabyte because my 965p-ds3 crapped out on me but I guess it's the luck of the draw.

What do you guys think?

is 150 your retail limit, or does it include any applicable tax and shipping? do you live outside of california, because zip zoom fly and newegg tend to have the lowest list prices plus low to no shipping costs. you shouldn't give up on gigabyte as many builders' first c2d rigs began with the 965 ds3. the abit ip35 pro is as popular amongst p35 boards as the 965 ds3 were to the 965 boards. i haven't seen the abit boards for less than 150, and while the blood iron gets mentioned a lot, i don't know anyone whose actually running one. from experience i know the asus p5ke is a genuine 500mhz fsb board as is its sli cousin the asus p5ne-sli. both boards shipped individually to me in ca less than 150 a piece.

I ended up just going with the IP35-E. I was seeing the Pro for like 145 before tax/shipping and after rebate but in the end I don't think it's worth it. I know that when I overhaul my system in a year I'll probably want whatever the new motherboard is so I decided to just go cheap.

Back