Whats a good Nvidia card To trade my 9600xt ATI for?

BitchBreaker

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to go Nvidia but im lost as to what card would be best for the trade,I play a lot of CS,DOD,Doom 3,URT2K4 ect,ect, i want a card that can do what my 9600xt can...any ideas ??? Thanks.

theres a many good cards to trade up to on both ati and nvidia side. If your looking to go Nvidia i would suggest a 6800gt. for the pure and simple fact its cheaper than the ultra and overclocks to its level making it the ultimate bang for the buck. if you have the cash i would suggest a 6800 ultra from bfg or evga. They overclock to ultra extreme levels but they are about 100 dollars more expensive. Your best bet is to do some research and see how your current card compares and if it justifies an upgrade, its all dependant on how much you game. GL

P.S. unless your gonna upgrade super high end i dont suggest upgrading at all. the cards above will double your current card easily. Nvidia's old product line wasnt quite as fast as the ati family. I wouldnt upgrade to anything above whats listed. Maybe a 6800 non ultra non gt. but again that would be the bare minimum, that runs about `300 bucks.

I was looking for a even trade on a nvidia card that will do what my current 9600xt will do, what Nvidia card will run with my 9600xt? system specs are Shuttle SB75 G2, 3.0c 30cap @ 3.75 on air, 512mb 3200 no name at 2.5-3-3-6.

got a price limit?

the 6800gt wont just run with it, it will be like racing maurice greene with 200lbs of extra weight on your back

if you have the $400 to shell out for it, do it.

if you are trading, dont do it.

LOL retardedchicken...Price limit is the cost of shipping, I want to do a 100% even trade for a good Nvidia card,i kinda need it for the new theme of my 2 latest projects, Hood Rich I and Hood Rich II

probbaly a 5700ultra or 5900/5900XT used that is...unless you wanna sell it to someone and buy something new

its not really worth it to trade for an nvidia card with a 9600xt, but fi you must you will be able to get a 5700ultra with it

i suggest buying a 6800gt though, much better move IMO

Go 6800nu or 6800 GT.

I went from a 9600XT to a 6800 GT.

HUGE GAINS!!! Very happy with my eVGA 6800GT. Nice OC'r just like my 9600XT.

I'm also glad I switched from ATI to NV.

No $$$$ to buy new :( . i got to play on a BFG 5500oc (128) a while back and it was ok..nothing like my 9600xt so i guess a 5900xt would be ok...is there a brand i should look for? and is there any one with one that wants a awsome BBATI 9600xt?

I went from a 9600XT to a 6800 GT.

I'm also glad I switched from ATI to NV.

HaR HaR, I went from a GF4 MX 440 to a 9800 Pro, Im glad I switched to ATI, ITS SO MUCH BETTAR A CARD!!! </stupidity>

As for asking what you could trade in, the only real possible thing you can get thats closest equiv is an FX 5700 U. And I dont see the point in that since you'll be getting similar performance, I doubt anyone would trade you any higher cards unless you chipped in some cash.

any equivelant card would be the 5900XT. But asking for that is like asking for a 9800pro, because they cost the same. Also, the 5700 ultra, while close to the 9600xt in performance terms, is neither worth the trade nor eligible since it costs about $30 more(last I checked). Unless you're going to get a new gen card, keep the 9600xt. It was last gen's best midrange card(unless you count the 9800 pro, which wasn't realy midrange untill a few months ago)

wise move, I goofed and blew all my money on a 230 dollar 5900xt and was upgrading from a 9600xt, now I feel so ashamed :( . Ishoulda saved it for a 6800 instead and noooo, my best buy receipt is also expired. maybe ebay for it......

Try reading the topic, you chimps.

He was talking about making a straight-up (spend no money) trade for his 9600 XT. Nobody will give him an FX 5900, let alone a 6800, in trade for his 9600 XT.

The FX 5700 Ultra would be the nVidia counterpart, but you wouldn't see an improvement over the 9600 XT you've already got.

Back