550 ti 1gb gigabyte
SeaSonic 520W Modular
case: Antec P100
SSD 128 Samsung 840 pro
500 GB Samsung HDD
right now there is 2 fans in my case :
1 x 120 mm front intake fan
• 1 x 120 mm rear exhaust fan
and 2 x 120 / 140 mm top exhaust fan (optional)
should I add more 2 more fans for the top of the case ?
btw I have some problem with that motherboard when I finished install windows 7 I changed the bios to load optimal defaults in order that the pc will read from the ssd and not from cd drive and I got an error "cpu can error prees f1 for bios setting "
when I go into bios I saw that cpu fan is at 600 rpm with red some red warning.
so I turn off the "Q-fans " and now its ok and back to works at 1000+ rpm. and still very quiet :O I wonder if it's okay that I turned it off :S
what is q fans ??
Sorry for my english it's not my native language
And too many questions :S
Thank you all :)

Although idle temps are not accurate or that important I believe your temps are on the low side.

Q-fan is an ASUS motherboard feature that changes the fan speed based on the temperature of the components. I think the floor tempature for this feature is 35 degrees from my past experience with ASUS boards, but it could have changed. The point is if the CPU temp is at or below that mark the motherboard is probably going to spin the fan down to a very low RPM.

You can get around the warning by changing the low RPM warning in the BIOS to something lower than 600 RPM and still run with the Q-fan feature turned on, since those idle temps are on the low side. Q-fan will also spin the fan up once the temperature goes up, so you shouldn't worry about overheating. In all honesty, though, with how quiet the stock coolers are nowadays you could just set it to duty cycle mode at 100% if you're nervous about it.

My 4770k idles at the same temperature with the stock cooler.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice your aftermarket cooler in the OP. So if you're nervous, set the duty cycle to whatever speed:noise ratio you're comfortable with.

You should mention your room temperature in order to have a start/comparison point.. idle temps in the CPU are extremely inaccurate the real thing its the more far the temp from the trigger point (for throttle) then the less accurate will be the temperature at idle, as example i have in fact SERIOUS problems of CPU sensor temp calibration idling even more than 5 degrees lower than the Room temp (thing that its really impossible).. so the idle CPU temp really not matter too much.. what really impressed me was the power consumed at idle.. O_O damn.. 0.73Watts... anyway in general those temps are fine, but what you really should test are the system under heavy loads.

You should mention your room temperature in order to have a start/comparison point.. idle temps in the CPU are extremely inaccurate the real thing its the more far the temp from the trigger point (for throttle) then the less accurate will be the temperature at idle, as example i have in fact SERIOUS problems of CPU sensor temp calibration idling even more than 5 degrees lower than the Room temp (thing that its really impossible).. so the idle CPU temp really not matter too much.. what really impressed me was the power consumed at idle.. O_O damn.. 0.73Watts... anyway in general those temps are fine, but what you really should test are the system under heavy loads.

Indeed. Ambient temps have a lot to do with your overall CPU temperatures.

... And yes, low idle power consumption is awesome. ;)

Back