What's a decent 4-monitor video card?

jmroberts70

2[H]4U
Here's my current setup:
2013multidisplay01a.jpg

It was quite an accomplishment getting an nVidia and ATI to play nice together but I pulled it off! Still, I'm wondering if I can get a single card that will handle up to 4 monitors running...

2x 1900x1200
2x 1600x1200

Maybe this is just not a wise idea and I should just get MATCHING video cards but I'm open if there's something good out there...

Any thoughts?

There are actually quite a few video cards (from both AMD and Nvidia) that will support 4 monitors off of one graphics card.

What's your price range?

There are actually quite a few video cards (from both AMD and Nvidia) that will support 4 monitors off of one graphics card.

What's your price range?

Yeah I think pretty much any mid-range card from the newest series. You're most likely going to have to have to mix match connection types with HDMI, DP, and DVI ports though.

A GTX 760 would probably fit the bill nicely if he games at all.

Connecting 4 screens to it is pretty straightforward as well:
2x monitors on DVI
1x monitor on HDMI
1x monitor on DisplayPort

I'd probably max out at $200. I'm running DVI-over-ethernet extenders as my workstation is in a rack that is 20' away from my desk. However, I'm sure converting the HDMI and DP to DVI is trivial.

I just know that many card actually just run >>3<< displays as usually either the HDMI or DP connection is usually shared with one of the DVI ports on the card. I've seen this MANY times. It's hard to know which cards actually allow the full use of all the ports they provide individually...

Just looked up the GTX 760 4GB version (around $300).

Nothing is as breathtaking as playing your favorite games across three monitors. At 5760 x 1080, the expanded field of view fully engages your peripheral vision and provides for the most immersive experience in racing and flight simulators. Add a fourth display to keep tabs on chat, email, or web while you are gaming.

I'm not running at 1080 but 1200 lines on my 4 screens. Can it handle 4 screens, sure. Can it handle 4 screens at 1200 lines, I have my doubts...

Are you planning on gaming on 4 monitors? I haven't seen anyone attempt to run a game with a inverted T shaped monitor setup.

I'm not running at 1080 but 1200 lines on my 4 screens. Can it handle 4 screens, sure. Can it handle 4 screens at 1200 lines, I have my doubts...
It will have no trouble supporting 1600x1200 and 1920x1200 display resolutions. I'm using a GTX 780 (which has the same video-outs as a GTX 760) and I'm running three 1920x1200 monitors off of it right now. Still have a port free to add an additional screen if I want.

If you're looking for something cheaper, a GTX 660 is about $200 and also has the same video-outs.

I run 4 displays off of my GTX 670 FTW. 3 monitors spanning landscape and a TV to the side. However, I game on 1 display as I don't care much for multi display gaming. Everything runs fine as my displays are only 1080p.

Back