what your buying, Intel i7 6950X , i7 6900K , i7 6850K or i7 6800K?

which new processor are you getting?

• Intel i7 6950X

• i7-6900K

• i7-6850k

• i7-6800k

• old and cheaper: 5960x

• i7-5930k

• i7-5820k

• i7-6700k

• i7-4790k

• cheap i5, i3 or amd?

Results are only viewable after voting.
i would say its a huge upgrade when it comes to gaming,

Not just gaming in my case. Skylake has cut my hevc encoding times by roughly a 1/3, at a lower clock while using a bit less power. And I'm moving away from quads so who needs all the lanes?

It's adorable how people seem to think you need a new CPU to hit reasonable framerates in modern titles. Sorry bros -- still happy with 60Hz and zero reason to give the 2500K up yet.

i would say its a huge upgrade when it comes to gaming,

Clock for clock there pretty neck and neck this in noway would be a huge upgrade in gaming,infact im pretty sure in big rts games like the total war series you wouldnt get stutter with the 3930k like you would with a 6700k.If 5-8 percent better performance clock for clock is a huge upgrade for you then so be it,however i seen videos where in certain games the 4 core has noticable stutter where the 3930k just breezes right through it.Like i said i consider it a down grade no reason to go 6700k if you already have a 3930k

Clock for clock there pretty neck and neck this in noway would be a huge upgrade in gaming,infact im pretty sure in big rts games like the total war series you wouldnt get stutter with the 3930k like you would with a 6700k.If 5-8 percent better performance clock for clock is a huge upgrade for you then so be it,however i seen videos where in certain games the 4 core has noticable stutter where the 3930k just breezes right through it.Like i said i consider it a down grade no reason to go 6700k if you already have a 3930k

Ok...

DX12 Does What - DX11 vs DX12 Intel 6700K vs 6950X Framerate Scaling

So that means these multicore and highly threaded processors can actually give less performance in heavy gaming workloads than their siblings when it comes to DX....in Ashes of the Singularity. It certainly does seem that the issue is seen on the Fury X system much more than our 980 Ti system.

If you have have the money to buy a skylake then why would anyone choose that over a 5820k for pretty much the same price? 2 extra cores for 50 bucks more and a better gaming cpu on top of it.It doesnt clock as high as the 6700k but from this test a 4 ghz 5820 matches and beats a 6700k skylake clocked at 4.7 ghz. so to say having 2 extra cores doesnt help some games nowadays is ignorant

If you have have the money to buy a skylake then why would anyone choose that over a 5820k for pretty much the same price? 2 extra cores for 50 bucks more and a better gaming cpu on top of it.It doesnt clock as high as the 6700k but from this test a 4 ghz 5820 matches and beats a 6700k skylake clocked at 4.7 ghz. so to say having 2 extra cores doesnt help some games nowadays is ignorant

Try comparing a 5820k vs over clocked 6700k using a. Gtx 1080. Your min and max frames will suffer. It's quite obvous 6700k is the best gaming chip out there until dx 12 developers make use of using all cores which I don't see happening for another year. By the time this occurs cannon lake will be out and will cost 400-500 for 8 cores

Intel Core i7-6700K 4-Core 4.0GHz compare Intel Core i7-3930K 6-Core 3.20GHz CPU

I rest my case and thats with the 6700k having an 800 mhz advantage in clocks you run them both at 4 ghz steady and the 3930k is quite a bit better then the 6700k.

Wrong,also broadwell-e is just as slow hence why intel never released a quad core desktop version.. buying a 6-10 core processor is a waste of money unless you need the computer for work and professional use. Like you use it for a JOB. Other than thathat when kaby lake 7700k is released in December wI'll again put all multi core cpus to shame when it comes.to gaming. Pcie lanes don't do crap. Marketing gimmick unless you are running 3-4 980ti video cards. But why do that when even nvidia has moved away from it and has now determined game developers areally moving away from 3-4 way sli optimizations .

Last edited:
It's adorable how people seem to think you need a new CPU to hit reasonable framerates in modern titles. Sorry bros -- still happy with 60Hz and zero reason to give the 2500K up yet.
That's great you feel good about your procssor howe very wheb gaming at 2560x1440 with a gtx 1080 a 2500k sucks and is no where even the speed of a 4790k haswell at 4.8ghz . Also dolphin emulation on any ivy chip sucks and it clearly shows IPC in the newer processors are just plain better for triple A titles GTAV as an example. Your min and max frame rate will suffer

Correction Sandy bridge is obsolete

the 5775C is better than the 6700k and its even clocked lower. Check out Techreport's 6700K review. or some of the broadwell specific reviews. It seems that EDRAM loves acting as extra CPU cache, in games.

the 5775C is better than the 6700k and its even clocked lower. Check out Techreport's 6700K review. or some of the broadwell specific reviews. It seems that EDRAM loves acting as extra CPU cache, in games.

In one or two scenes for less than a second . It's like 2 games but then the 6700k pulls ahead

5775c is only great for professional or business programs that are used for a JOB. Other than that stay away from it

Lmao, what case did you make?

he likes to try to justify a processor purchased 5 years ago. Its called buyers remorse when quad core is all you needed 5 years ago

Status End of Life
Launch Date Q4'11
Processor Number i7-3930K

Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Processor (12M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) Specifications

Intel Sandy Bridge-E based "Core i7-3930K" Pricing and Release Date Detailed

The Core i7 3930K features 6 Cores/ 12 Threads, An Unlocked Multiplier, Stock Speed of 3.20Ghz (Turbo – 3.80Ghz) and 12MB L3 Cache. The official pricing of the chip at launch would be 560US$.

Read more: Intel Sandy Bridge-E based "Core i7-3930K" Pricing and Release Date Detailed

In one or two scenes for less than a second . It's like 2 games but then the 6700k pulls ahead

5775c is only great for professional or business programs that are used for a JOB. Other than that stay away from it
its as good or better, in the 5 games they tested. 3 of which, were tested with real gameplay sessions. not built in benchmarks. and that's at stock clocks, which are lower than the 6700k. I have seen some specific game tests on other sites, where the 5775C does lose a little bit. But we are talking two or 3 frames. And that's at stock clocks. and those same sites or videos, also show many other games, where the 5775C is at least as good.

Both can be overclocked, so the benefit of the EDRAM would still persist, even after overclocking. and in that sense, you could match or closely match clocks with a 6700k. Matched or closely matched in clocks, the 5775C should nearly always be better.
The only times it might be worse, are weird games where bandwidth is strangely more important, than usual. So the Skylake memory controller and DDR4, takes the lead. Weird games like Fallout 4 or Ryse.
Intel's Core i7-6700K 'Skylake' processor reviewed

Last edited:
its as good or better, in the 5 games they tested. 3 of which, were tested with real gameplay sessions. not built in benchmarks. and that's at stock clocks, which are lower than the 6700k. I have seen some specific game tests on other sites, where the 5775C does lose a little bit. But we are talking two or 3 frames. And that's at stock clocks. and those same sites or videos, also show many other games, where the 5775C is at least as good.

Both can be overclocked, so the benefit of the EDRAM would still persist, even after overclocking. and in that sense, you could match or closely match clocks with a 6700k. Matched or closely matched in clocks, the 5775C should nearly always be better.
The only times it might be worse, are weird games where bandwidth is strangely more important, than usual. So the Skylake memory controller and DDR4, takes the lead. Weird games like Fallout 4 or Ryse.
Intel's Core i7-6700K 'Skylake' processor reviewed

The 5775C is a great chip no doubt. It's slightly better in IPC but it has trade-offs though, even so it remains very intriguing. The IPC gap isn't much but the 5775C is harder to source and its slightly more expensive. I dunno, it could go either way and both cpus are a healthy gain coming from sandy bridge IPC.

Could you guys tell the diff for GAMING only.

6600k or 6700k? As far as FPS it will matter have the HT?

thanks

If all you can do is resort to ad hominem, get lost.
If you say so lol
I guess all the professionals reviews are wrong then. This guy
please show us even 2 proffesional reviews comparing the two you seem to talk alot yet show no proof atleast i showed you a comparison showing your wrong a skylake loses to that 4 year old cpu and it has to run at higher clocks just to keep up.Thesmokingman i apologize if i offended you im more calling out unrealcpu telling everyone it would be a huge upgrade to go from sandy bridge e to skylake it is simply false.heck there isnt even a real reason to upgrade from a 2500k unless you just have to have ddr 4 memory

please show us even 2 proffesional reviews comparing the two you seem to talk alot yet show no proof atleast i showed you a comparison showing your wrong a skylake loses to that 4 year old cpu and it has to run at higher clocks just to keep up.Thesmokingman i apologize if i offended you im more calling out unrealcpu telling everyone it would be a huge upgrade to go from sandy bridge e to skylake it is simply false.heck there isnt even a real reason to upgrade from a 2500k unless you just have to have ddr 4 memory

This thread is starting to remind me of the FW900 thread on here. Fanboys justifying their lame purchase and wont accept the fact a 6700k beats a 6950x in gaming. mikem3971 you are not educated at all when it comes to reviews..

heck there isnt even a real reason to upgrade from a 2500k unless you just have to have ddr 4 memory

just weighing in on ^this tidbit: i went from an i5-2500K to an i7-6700K and it was a significant upgrade in the games i play, primarily BF4 multiplayer and The Division. both of those are fairly cpu intensive. not necessarily apples-to-apples since i went from an i5 to an i7 but the case remains going from 2500K to 6700K is a decent upgrade (in the games i play).

Pro reviews have been posted, one of which is [H]'s comparo of the 10 core 6950X and the 6700K in the most threaded large scale rts bench queen/game made, Ashes. It found that the 6700K was no slouch, even faster than the 6950X at same clocks.

You keep throwing up dubious info to make your point then have the audacity to demand pro reviews. I feel you're just going to ignore the pro reviews again. Are you saying that your 3930K is faster than a 6950X?

Please show me where any 6-10 core processor is worth getting for gaming in this review

Uhh ok? there comparing skylakes to older amd cpu's? did you even watch the video? where are they comparing a 6 or 8 core intel to a 4 core>It is not in the video dude try again. Ill show you the difference between 4-6 and 8 core with the game they show you in this video ashes of singularity atleast look at the benchmarks before commenting.
dx 12.png

Pro reviews have been posted, one of which is [H]'s comparo of the 10 core 6950X and the 6700K in the most threaded large scale rts bench queen/game made, Ashes. It found that the 6700K was no slouch, even faster than the 6950X at same clocks.

You keep throwing up dubious info to make your point then have the audacity to demand pro reviews. I feel you're just going to ignore the pro reviews again. Are you saying that your 3930K is faster than a 6950X?

I threw up 2 links with facts now 3.im not acting like a 3930k is the end all cpu all im trying to say is they compare well to skylake and will beat them alot of the time so therefore it is not worth the upgrade i dont get what your not understanding about that?It simply would not in the least make sense to go from a 6 core to a 4 core when dx 12 is coming out which is sounding more and more like it will take advantage of more cores.By going skylake you are not future proofing unless your ok with playing in dx 11 the duration of the time you keep it.

I threw up 2 links with facts now 3.im not acting like a 3930k is the end all cpu all im trying to say is they compare well to skylake and will beat them alot of the time so therefore it is not worth the upgrade i dont get what your not understanding about that?It simply would not in the least make sense to go from a 6 core to a 4 core when dx 12 is coming out which is sounding more and more like it will take advantage of more cores.By going skylake you are not future proofing unless your ok with playing in dx 11 the duration of the time you keep it.

You really have a hard time with a reasonable debate. Again, yapping about DX12, yet ignoring that the 6700K is actually faster in DX12 Ashes versus a 6950X. On the flip side your posting of random utube videos, specs list, and random chart does not make it valid data. End of the day only a fool would suggest a 3930K is better than a 6700K when even a 6950X already has its hand full. LOL, want to play games, try a 5775C on for size since it has the best IPC.

Not sure why you would go from a 6 core to 4 core from what ive seen there is no benefit going from a 3930k to a 6700k if anything its a downgrade

If anything its a downgrade? Yea, ok... smh.

If i really have to tell you that then your not all there

smh

You really have a hard time with a reasonable debate. Again, yapping about DX12, yet ignoring that the 6700K is actually faster in DX12 Ashes versus a 6950X. On the flip side your posting of random utube videos, specs list, and random chart does not make it valid data. End of the day only a fool would suggest a 3930K is better than a 6700K when even a 6950X already has its hand full. LOL, want to play games, try a 5775C on for size since it has the best IPC.

If anything its a downgrade? Yea, ok... smh.

smh
please learn something seriously you have showed nothing now eerything i throw up is random ok now i can smh.then i get a video from cpu guy showing some old amd cpu's comparing to a 6700k lol give me a break.this is all you guys can come back with atleast i bothered to watch cpu's video and it was a waste of time showed nothing about a 6 or 8 core intel against the skylake the guy doesnt even watch his own video before posting and i should take you 2 serious?really?I showed you links with benchmarks actually comparing the 3930k clocked at 3.2 ghz against the 6700k clocked at 4 ghz and the 3930k was 3% faster your the one pushing everything aside that i link.your both clueless and really give bad advice telling someone to upgrade there 6 core for a 4 core when the 6 core games just as good and does everything else faster.Another thing you convienantly leave out is that the 6700k is clocked a whole ghz higher then the 6950x see how that works?when you add that in there it isnt looking so clear cut anymore is it?show me a clock for clock comparison and ill show you the 6950x on top.I wouldnt buy one of those anyway there way to expensive but i would however easily buy a 5820k over a 6700k anyday

Last edited:
I agree 3930k is a obsolete eND of life part and not suitable for gaming
Is that all you got?Now instead of trying to avoid the subject please explain why you posted a video that didnt show anything that even remotley fit the conversation?Its sad you post multicore amd cpu's against skylake to get your point acrossed sorry but you fail

Is that all you got?Now instead of trying to avoid the subject please explain why you posted a video that didnt show anything that even remotley fit the conversation?Its sad you post multicore amd cpu's against skylake to get your point acrossed sorry but you fail

You lose , no need for a multi core processor when gaming

i see in your profile you have 29 posts and you are a noob. You also a troll? or someone who needs to be educated when it comes to IPC and gaming ?

It seems like the 1600v4 cpus are available now. Has anyone picked one up? They look very interesting interesting. Even something like the 4 core 1620/30 with native 40 pcie lanes could be great for gaming, if they overclock better than the 6/8/10 core counterparts.

Really tempted to pick one up.

I'm upgrading from a i5 6600k to i7 6850. I know that everyone says that it will make zero difference in gaming but I'm not listening to those folks. I think it will make a difference.

I'm upgrading from a i5 6600k to i7 6850. I know that everyone says that it will make zero difference in gaming but I'm not listening to those folks. I think it will make a difference.

Was there with you but then just returned that 6850 setup today and was talked into the 6700k from the salesman at mc. I knew the z170 was prob all I needed but was greedy as always. He said the same things my conscious was trying to tell me so I was glad to go that route and save some dough as well.

Basically said too many bugs and dying chips on the X99 and you won't use the whole 128gb ram for it anyways and z170 is plenty for sli and 6700k is all you need for gaming. Ain't worth it to spend more on the X99 when you won't use the extras.

Last edited:
Back