What x570 mobo and ram are confirmed to work with the 5600x without build issues?

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,801
Anyone running a 5600x atm? I don't care if it's fancy. Just need a solid mobo and ram combo that is compatible and reliable. I have yet to see an under $200 mobo without failures or bad vrms in the reviews. Thanks!
 
Last edited:

Spartacus

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
2,122
I think I'd go with a B550 Tomahawk, and GSkill Ripjaws 3600 memory.
Either that or a B550-F ROG and the same memory.

.
 

alyjen

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
104
I'm running ASUS TUF GAMING B550-Plus with 5800X, Patriot Viper Steel 4400 CL19 memory. Ram is tricky as with current BIOS chances that it'll go 4000MHz 1:1 with fclk are slim. But it's rather easy to set it to something like 3800CL16 or CL15 if you have more time and patience.
I'm not sure what build issues you are referring to but nothing I've encounter during the last week. I bet you know this list, if not this could help. https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619-motherboard-vrm-tier-list-v2-currently-amd-only/
 

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,801
I was referring to the msi vrm issues. Looks like that has cleared up with the new mobos. I am currently looking at the x570 tomahawk. Just ram had got me a bit spooked. I want 32 gb. Just want an easy plug and play build. I don't have a lot of time or energy for much of anything except work atm. Sucks. So many people are out of work and I am working more hours than ever. My company is catching up. Kind of a rubber band effect. We went near dormant and now it's hell for leather. So yeah. I am sleep deprived and a bit brain dead.
 

Spartacus

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
2,122
I have the X570 Tomahawk, great board. Buildzoid approved VRMs.
And I'm using the GSkill memory I suggested.

.
 

alyjen

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
104
MSI had some rough start with Zen 3, most people had their configs unstable at memory clocks higher than 3200MHz with IF 1:1 but it's fixed now and a friend of my is running MSI with 3800CL15 memory, no issues.
For easy memory setup & best performance you should aim at 4x8 or 2x16 (dual ranks) 3600MHz CL14, then you just enable XMP and you get 95% of performance. Remaining 5% is subtimings fine tuning but that's hardly ever visible in real life. You'd have to play in 1080p with settings that makes your CPU limiting your GPU.
 

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,801
Welp. The 570 is now scarce and going for more $$ and delivery is being delayed. So I got the 550 tomahawk. I am trying some team group 3600 32 gb bc it has good reviews and is only $104. I have until the end of January to return both so no real risk.
 
Top