Votes: 8 53.3%
  • 1920x

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1900x as soon as its out

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
For everyones' curiosity, lets see the motherboards that we all preordered/ordered?

Also what processor.

Choose board and chip. You can vote more than one option. And you can change vote if you change preorder or mind.

If you havent ordered yet there is no option to vote. This is only stats to see whos ordering what.

Share why you voted. There might be a compelling reason someone else didnt think about which helps them make a decision.

Ill start. Ordered the Asus Zenith. Its big and has many features I dig like the main being active VRM cooling as well as the only board claiming ECC support out of the gates I could find. Probably wrong but thats what I know so far.

It also has the primary Nvme drive mounted under the chipset heatsink for added cooling.

I ordered 1950x because for me 8 more threads is not a high price to pay for $200 considering this will be my 5 year build hopefully.

WOkgKAK.png

I got a second 960 Pro 1TB drive coming too. Will be all NVME drives for this build, no SATA cables in sight!

Went with the 1950X because it has 2MB more L2 cache than the 1920X and 4 more cores. Figured I'm already spending $799 on the 1920X, $200 more is not a big deal.

Went with the MSI board as I wanted a standard ATX motherboard and not e-ATX. It also has the most robust power delivery out of all the boards. 10+3 phase VRM's and 8+8 pin power connectors. It's also one of the cheaper boards at $380. Finally I did not want an actively cooled motherboard. Fuck those 60mm fans, usually loud and whiny.

I also like how the MSI board has m.2 shields:

AOmHeFM.png

Last edited:
Good points. If its like my rampage iv chipset fan it was very quiet and only turned on when absolutely needed.

Changed my pre-order from Asus to Gigabyte Gaming 7. After much thought I just couldn't justify the premium. Plus I dont need the 10g card and I don't care about paying for wireless AD and I don't care about the eATX size anymore.

Its like Asus is tossing in AD and 10gig just to butter up people to make it worth paying the ROG name premium.

For the difference in price I am able to nearly get a western digital black NVME 512gb which I also ordered to place on my board when I get it.

Edit** and I canceled my order for the underperforming TLC nand WD Black NVME and instead I ordered a Samsung 960 Pro 512gb which should literally run circles around the TLC drives.

I am friggin done spending on this stupid computer.

Last edited:
Back