what WoW mods are you using?

o0akoni0o

[H]ard|Gawd
so what WoW ui mods are you guys using? i've been playing for a couple months now, but never really got around to trying any of the mods out there. and please post pics if you can.

Definite Gets : Titan Panel, CT MOD, Auctioneer MOD.

Enchanters: Enchantrix

Mages: Cryolosis

Warlock: Necroylsis (sp)

One Bag, Atlas or Cartographer.
and EZDismount when you get a mount.

Here are some mods you may want to try:

X-Perl Unit Frames
Bartender 3
Tinytip
FuBar + Whatever FuBar mods interest you
Cartographer
SWStats if you run instances a lot
GMail
SimpleCombatLog
Buffalo

All of these should be able to be found @ http://www.curse-gaming.com and/or http://files.wowace.com. I suggest installing one mod at a time and learn how to properly customize and use it. You can browse those 2 sites and see if you can find any more mods that interest you.

oh yeah also get SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) a beautiful mod that you will grow to love.

and while waiting on raids or ppl to come to an instance...Texas Hold'em :)

I use CTMOD and CTRAID
Auctioneer
Stunwatch/Energywatch for rogue is a must
Atlas
MobInfo
LootLink

Googling any of those with wow ie: 'Auctioneer, WoW' will bring you where you need.

Are there any mods that make the game look prettier

Only ones that I can think of that will make it prettier, is something like X-perl unit frames. AFAIK, I don't think Blizzard will allow any kind of skinning mods for changing textures/models, etc.

Only ones that I can think of that will make it prettier, is something like X-perl unit frames. AFAIK, I don't think Blizzard will allow any kind of skinning mods for changing textures/models, etc.

Yes there are mods that allow you to change the character/objects in the game, BUT it is against there agreement you agree to. While they can (can not) officially track it, since I know people who change there character models, if you are caught it is a straight ban.

Bongos is a great hot bar mod. You can basically make your own hot bars.

Yes there are mods that allow you to change the character/objects in the game, BUT it is against there agreement you agree to. While they can (can not) officially track it, since I know people who change there character models, if you are caught it is a straight ban.

but by changing their char's model thats only reflected on their client side right? it's not like they can hax an human to be a NE and other people will be able to see them as a NE too, right? anyway i'd love to check out some mods but i have this fear of contracting wowaccounthaxitis from a trojan or some crap :( guess ill stick with the normal ui

but by changing their char's model thats only reflected on their client side right? it's not like they can hax an human to be a NE and other people will be able to see them as a NE too, right? anyway i'd love to check out some mods but i have this fear of contracting wowaccounthaxitis from a trojan or some crap :( guess ill stick with the normal ui

Yes it will only be on the user side screen. Also if you are worried about trojans/keyloggers/etc. Just use the sites suggested & when you download run some scans.

I have used, curse, uiworld, and other and never gotten a trojan/etc. Many times it comes from people clicking on the "advertisements" on the sites which can happen by accident so just be careful.

Does anyone else use Cosmos?
Very few people use it because a lot of people regard it as being full of useless bullshit that nobody really wants and just slows down game performance.

I keep it basic

Location (Just search for one, theres lots)
Atlas (http://www.atlasmod.com/)
AtlasLoot Enhanced (http://www.daviesh.net/atlasloot_enhanced/)
MobInfo 2 (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1143)
ItemRack (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1263) (People don't seem to know about this one, and that scares me (ok ok, a little over-exaggeration). It allows you to set up gear sets for what you need, and you click one button to swap all the gear out. It also has event gear changes automatically - Mount/Dismount, Spirit Tap, Eating/Drinking, Swimming, etc.. lets me go between grinding gear and healing gear with a single click. If I didn't have this, I would probably only have healing gear 'cause I'm that lazy.)

I'll get a few pics up of some, but they wont be very good, I have bad picture skills :p
l
Ok:
Here is a shot of the two sets I have for my priest in ItemRack, and the quick click button thing to swap between them in the lower right. You can also switch using the button around the mini map. (I need to re-name leveling, I don't level anymore, nowhere to go :( )
Here is one that shows some of the events options in ItemRack.
This is a shot of one of the maps for an instance in outland from Atlas, it's not the best one. Most have a number next to each boss and the number is on the map to show where that boss is in the instance.
This is a screen with AtlasLoot showing what you can get from The Consortium at certain rep levels.
Another from AtlasLoot that shows some of the items you can get from Brood of Nozdormu. You can mouse-over the items to view stats and Ctrl click them to see what they look like. With AtlasLoot, you can also see what items bosses in instances drop, as well as the rough drop percentage. You can also look at the Tier sets, PvP sets, Legendary items, mounts, (I think) every factions rewards, and it kinda goes on from there..

ArkInventory - VAST improvement over blizz's bag system. Allows you to organize every item from quest items to potions in their own little box in Ark's one bag window.

Tell Tracker - if you get constant tells from multiple people this helps tons.

Outfitter - Customize gear for different stats to min max your heart out. All item sets can be bound to a button

PallyPower - really cool buff addon for pally's

Metamap - Tracks farmable items like mineral veins flowers etc. allows you to resize blizz's big map to any size you want and adjust the transparency.

Oh come on, wheres the hard core PVP ui's? BAH TO RAIDERS!

64 sealfate + prep dagger rogue

titan of course
ccwatch for stuns
poison master
cooldown count
poison pouch

Titan Panel
Cartographer
Natur Enemy Castbar
Onebag
Auctioneer
Poison Pouch
KHT

Auctioneer is amazing! $$$++

Cartographer feels like cheating though :(

I keep it basic

Location (Just search for one, theres lots)
Atlas (http://www.atlasmod.com/)
AtlasLoot Enhanced (http://www.daviesh.net/atlasloot_enhanced/)
MobInfo 2 (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1143)
ItemRack (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1263) (People don't seem to know about this one, and that scares me (ok ok, a little over-exaggeration). It allows you to set up gear sets for what you need, and you click one button to swap all the gear out. It also has event gear changes automatically - Mount/Dismount, Spirit Tap, Eating/Drinking, Swimming, etc.. lets me go between grinding gear and healing gear with a single click. If I didn't have this, I would probably only have healing gear 'cause I'm that lazy.)

goddamn man atlasloot looks freaking so cool! i think ill try that one, thanks for the info

Hardcore PvPer and UI mod doesn't really go together.

A hardcore PvPer would be someone with no UI mods.

Someone needing to install mods to give them an advantage is someone that is saying, "I'm not good enough," and therefore already a loser.

You should try using the default UI and switching off the cheesy ass things like enemy cast bar. That's about all I've been able to do to make WoW's FisherPrice PvP more bearable but even still I have to log in for some Dark Age of Camelot from time to time to get my PvP fix.

64 sealfate + prep dagger rogue

Was in a raiding guild after I saw the arena rewards some friends and I formed a PvP guild. For PvP I use macros out the ass and hot keys. My main is a pally so aside from a debuff monitor and cool down timer I dont rely on too many addons for PvP.

I try to use Ace2 addons before I go to other mainstream ones. Ace2 ones in general seem a lot better at memory management ad a standard on saving variables. Also the community drive behind it keeps majority of addons up to date a lot faster.

But in general I have about 130 addons right now. My UI is completely different from the default :p

Cant quite list them all here since I'm at work, but go browse www.wowace.com and you will find a lot of addons that are very similar to ones youll find elsewhere.

Not all of them are as good or better than some more mainstream ones, so it's really up to you on which ones to keep or toss.

Finkus,

reading the first quote made me laugh, but anyways blizzard inputs the enemy castbar anyways, almost all pvp users have them, and DONT assume i havnt pvped without ui's, because i have. mods are helpers, thats why EVERYONE uses them, to get an edge on other players. Im not gonna lie, i use them for an extra edge, hence the reason i don't DIE alot.

Hardcore PvPer and UI mod doesn't really go together.

A hardcore PvPer would be someone with no UI mods.

Someone needing to install mods to give them an advantage is someone that is saying, "I'm not good enough," and therefore already a loser.

You should try using the default UI and switching off the cheesy ass things like enemy cast bar. That's about all I've been able to do to make WoW's FisherPrice PvP more bearable but even still I have to log in for some Dark Age of Camelot from time to time to get my PvP fix.

So you're the type of person that thinks using addons, that by the way are free for everyone to download and use to improve the shitty default ui built by Blizzard makes you a bad pvper? You're probably also the person that complains about FEAR or STUNS on the forums too... Go raid. No on second thought keep pvping, you're pretty much free honor.

anyone know a bar mod equivalent to bibtoolbars? something very simple like that.

I still lament the death of my beloved decursive :( that thing is a priest's best friend.

So you're the type of person that thinks using addons, that by the way are free for everyone to download and use to improve the shitty default ui built by Blizzard makes you a bad pvper? You're probably also the person that complains about FEAR or STUNS on the forums too... Go raid. No on second thought keep pvping, you're pretty much free honor.

Raiding in some 40 man snore-a-thon is Blizzard's way of keeping the sheep subscribing with artificial time sinks and % drop rates. It's just a variable ratio reinforcement schedule from a basic psychology textbook and I already went through all that 8 years ago with Everquest because there was no alternative. I'm sure TBC at 70 will quickly devolve into the same gear grinding mess that the original game did at 60 and PvP talent will become irrelevant and gear dependant.

I'm happy to consume the 5-man content and am doing very well in PvP skirmishes when they happen but let's not delude ourselves that WoW is a PvP based game as it is almost entirely PvE with heavily PvE-gear dependant PvP mini-games. I'm sure I will do the same as I did over a year ago and go back to a decent PvP MMORPG once I've seen all of what the expansion has to offer and the server gear situation starts to become silly again.

I still lament the death of my beloved decursive :( that thing is a priest's best friend.

I hear ya on that! I got so use to its company on my screen, that now I forget to check on everyone's debuffs! everyone is like "mage!, decurse me plz"...lol!

WoW for me is a game to escape into, the interface stock from blizzard really interferes with that. I tend to try to go as minimalist as possible, Trinity bars really helps with that - their documentation could be much better, but once it works you are a happy camper.

Raiding in some 40 man snore-a-thon is Blizzard's way of keeping the sheep subscribing with artificial time sinks and % drop rates. It's just a variable ratio reinforcement schedule from a basic psychology textbook and I already went through all that 8 years ago with Everquest because there was no alternative. I'm sure TBC at 70 will quickly devolve into the same gear grinding mess that the original game did at 60 and PvP talent will become irrelevant and gear dependant.

I'm happy to consume the 5-man content and am doing very well in PvP skirmishes when they happen but let's not delude ourselves that WoW is a PvP based game as it is almost entirely PvE with heavily PvE-gear dependant PvP mini-games. I'm sure I will do the same as I did over a year ago and go back to a decent PvP MMORPG once I've seen all of what the expansion has to offer and the server gear situation starts to become silly again.

I would agree, but with the release the BC, that's not the case anymore. There isn't as large a gap between raiding gear/arena gear and stuff that you can get running 5-mans or from rep. PVP is also a viable endgame alternative to killing scripted mobs all week with the addition of arenas whose rewards will be updated to mirror what you can get from PVE and you can't grind them either. You get awards for being good and winning games. I know it's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction by Blizzard imo.

WoW seems to not be your cup of tea, so you should probably quit, as not to become one of the sheep :)

ON TOPIC PART OF POST

Right now, I'm only using Scrolling Combat Text (SCT), SCT Damage. I want to set up a new UI but I kinda want to wait until I get a new monitor.

Back