What would you do in my situation?

Chikia12187

Weaksauce
I have an option to buy a msi lightning Z for rape price ( over msrp by a lot) or wait for the new releases of gpu by nvidia
I already have a 1080 ti
Any feedback is much appreciated

Attachments

• 56BEFB6D-02F7-4F5B-82F9-FC47F05A0C49.jpeg
    56BEFB6D-02F7-4F5B-82F9-FC47F05A0C49.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 0
HUh? No offense but this is kind of an absolutely dumb move. Just freaking wait mate. No need to blow a stack of cash on something that is utterly useless to you, if your card blows and you have to await warranty, and there is no replacement stock, they either 1 have to wait to replace with a new model new hardware card when they drop or provide a monetary refund. Either way you will still win.

In the meantime if you can't live without your PC games, then play switch or xbox or something, or get some sunshine and clean your yard or car, or take a shower and chill.

I had Corsair AX1200, old model go bad on me, they had no stock, and sent me the latest AX1200i with all the smarty stuff in it that can connect into the CUE software suite. I love it although its NIB sitting there now as a backup because their warranty exchange took like 6 freaking weeks I went and bought a HX1000i which I am using now on my Skylake X machine.

OP: I would totally buy it. Ship it to me and I'll store it for you until you need it.

I'm sorry but this entire thread has literally made me LOL. Hugs!

I can't imagine any semblance of your brain envisioned a timeline where somebody in this thread actually encouraged you to buy it and not wait for the new stuff.

The MSI Lightning makes for an excellent paperweight, it would look really cool sitting on your desk!

Nah, just a noob like you;)

The difference is that "noob" has been a member for years lurking and learning. He may be able to spot a BS post when he sees it you know since everyone can buy a msi lightning Z for "rape" price. I mean your special. Buy it.

I'm going to take everyones advice and postpone until prices drop! thanks for the help yall

Since you already have a 1080ti I would probably just hold off until the new cards come out. But worst case scenario, if you are set on buying it, you could just buy it and sell it when the new cards come out.

Back