What would be your perfect cellphone?

gerbiaNem

2[H]4U
Since the cellphone industry is moving so quickly, I'm wondering what people would consider to be a perfect cellphone with the knowledge of today's technology (no 3d displays, or technology not yet released, etc..).

Mine would basically be my mpx220 with a larger screens (exterior too), smaller form, hi quality 5mp camera with decent flash, better sound quality, faster pda operation, easier to use/customize OS (win mobile 2003 isn't bad, but too microsoft based, I want to sync w/ thunderbird/linux, etc..), better mp3 playing ability, and better battery life.

So a small pda phone without the innate flaws.

a hard drive would be nice. i would like full video and mp3 support, like the ipod video. resolution doesn't have to be high, just good enough to make out text in the videos. thats about the only new thing i would like to see. bluetooth and such are already mainstream so not worth mentioning.

the k800/k790i with these enchancements: optical zoom, power by draining energy/EM field from other close sources, personal shielding, holographic keyboard, wifi, tazer/phazer :D , and prism storage unit.

One with good reception & a speaker that can accurately convey the human voice. I don't ask for much in a phone, since I only use mine as a phone.

Long battery life, clear calls, decent camera, mp3s.. all in a slim yet not wide package.

mycomputersucks said:
a hard drive would be nice. i would like full video and mp3 support, like the ipod video. resolution doesn't have to be high, just good enough to make out text in the videos. thats about the only new thing i would like to see. bluetooth and such are already mainstream so not worth mentioning.

Check out the Nokia Series 60 smart phones. before i lost my 6620 i had a 1GB card and was storing videos on it to watch which came out quite well. The name of the app i was using it slipping my mind at this moment, but it had a nice encoded which did a good job at optimizing the clip for the phones screen as well before you load it onto the phone.

Decently small size, nice screen on the inside, screen on the outside, decent quality camera. And the ability to throw it a wall and it coming away without a scratch. My phone spends more time on the floor then it does in my hands.

Great reception (GSM based), 3G or equivalent data network, 3.5" or 4" screen with good resolution (VGA at least would be nice) that is bright enough to be seen easily outside on a sunny day, running Windows Mobile 2005, qwerty thumboard, 2 SD slots, one for a card and one of SD-IO, integrated 802.11g and Bluetooth + infrared, internal microdrive, enough battery life to get through two days of normal use without a recharge, integrated hard screen cover (like my iPaq 6515 has, I love that feature), and a very loud ringtone, PDA phones seem to suck when it comes to the volume of the ringer, I miss calls when I Am in the other room unless I put my phone on a hard surface so I can hear it vibrate.

tim-bit said:
Decently small size, nice screen on the inside, screen on the outside, decent quality camera. And the ability to throw it a wall and it coming away without a scratch. My phone spends more time on the floor then it does in my hands.

You want a phone or a tennis ball? :)

serbiaNem said:
You want a phone or a tennis ball? :)

How about a phone inside a tennis ball?

I swear, if my phone didn't have a cover on it, it'd be broken into a million pieces already. Just glad I got some decently though phones. This A660 isn't so bad and the Motorola v120e I had before was amazing, I swear those things are unbreakable.

Back