What would be faster

From what Ive seen, correct me if Im wrong, but they are about equal in speed, however, two 6800 GTs will be more expensive. So, Id go with the X850 XT

Two 6800GT's would definatly be faster, but only if you are going to be playing with high resolutions (16x12) and high AA/AF. If say your monitor only supports 1024x768, both setups will run about the same.

2x6800GTs are going to destory a X850XT PE. But it should, considering that its much more expensive.

does anyone have a graph in fps telling the difference between an x850 xt pe and 2x 6800 Gt in half life 2 or doom 3?

which one will produce more fps?

MrPrez said:
From what Ive seen, correct me if Im wrong, but they are about equal in speed, however, two 6800 GTs will be more expensive. So, Id go with the X850 XT

According to this
thread

the average 3dMark 05 score for a pair of 6800GT's is 9822 while the average score for the 850XT is only 6416. Neither score is to shabby but he wants to know whats faster and that would be the SLI setup.

It may not be as cost effective but it's definteley faster.

No competition, the dual 6800GTs will kill an X850XTPE. Of course with Crossfire (or whatever its called) coming out things could change.

I am saying that when ATIs dual GPU Solution comes out then things might be diffrent. Since you would have the option of Dual X850XTPEs. Atis Dual GPU solution (crossfire I think) will be backwards compatible with the current gen of GFX cards from ATI (Xx00 series). In my case I would (if possible) just grab the 6800GTs and be done with it.
No point in waiting, the X850s might be more powerful but Dual 6800GTs is more than enough and Dual 6800GTs compared to a X850XTPE is not even a competition.

what would run smoother the 6800 gts or the x850 xt pe and games like h2, doom3 , far cry and so on.

At lower resolutions their is no point in spending the money to get 2 6800GT's but if you plan on playing at 1600x1200 then the two 6800GT's would be much smoother even with some AA and AF turned on.

Brucee said:
what would run smoother the 6800 gts or the x850 xt pe and games like h2, doom3 , far cry and so on.

2 6800GT's SLi'd will be faster in everything

Guys please don't get mad, but you are all crazed retarded nvidia fans :p and when you say 2x 6800gt would crush 2x x850xt pe you are crazy. I don't know what your smokin but I want some!!! :p

laxman144 said:
Guys please don't get mad, but you are all crazed retarded nvidia fans :p and when you say 2x 6800gt would crush 2x x850xt pe you are crazy. I don't know what your smokin but I want some!!! :p

We're not talking about 2x 6800GT's vs 2x 850XT PE's......

Wait sorry, I didn't notice that it said single x850xt PE lol, sorry.

Hey the person who asked the first question, wait until the motherboards for dual ATI cards come out. then buy 2x x850xt pe

laxman144 said:
Wait sorry, I didn't notice that it said single x850xt PE lol, sorry.

Hey the person who asked the first question, wait until the motherboards for dual ATI cards come out. then buy 2x x850xt pe

Or 1x one of the new cards?

both are great, the GT's will be way faster, but if ya cant afford them, one x850xtpe is the fastest thing without dual cards :) and I doubt you would want to get one x850xtpe right now, and one later, when ati does have SLI, AMR or w/e...the newer cards would be out and kill these singles cards today :) get two gt's now if ya can, or one x850xtpe if u cant afford two gt's..

With two 6800GTs yes, with one no.
Also it depends on the games you are playing.
Some are supported some arent, for the most part I doubt you will have any problems though.

{NG}Fidel said:
With two 6800GTs yes, with one no.
Also it depends on the games you are playing.
Some are supported some arent, for the most part I doubt you will have any problems though.
the games that I will play with the sli setup are half life 2, doom 3, d3 expension pack,Far cry, Battlefield vietnam and so on.

So are these supportive?

MrPrez said:

LOL

Brucee said:
the games that I will play with the sli setup are half life 2, doom 3, d3 expension pack,Far cry, Battlefield vietnam and so on.

So are these supportive?

All these games get a huge boost from SLI, and most other new games as well. Love my 6800GT SLI.

yes, 2 6800GTs will be faster.
Might want to wait for computex, to see the next gen from both companies, and make your desicion accordingly (The next gen COULD be alot more worht it, to wait also)

And last i checked who cares about 3dMark and their non real world rendering......and did Nvidia use some sorta BS bios on their FX series to bump up 3DMark scores? 3dmarks are braging rights, means jack to shizle in real world games.....Nvidia is known for having high 3dmarks but ati is known for having real world ownage......yes im an ATI fan what can say, who needs pixle shader 10billion thousand to the 10th power...... :p

feel free not to flame me with "you dont know what your talking about" or flame me period, my veiw and my opinion from using both cards 9000 and fx series :p

edit: i looked at those links that trinibwoy linked, and serriously people, you SLI people are just braging about 0mg0rz0z i g0t 2 video cards!! running duel blah blah.........40fps in doom isnt worth 10 dollars a frame or whatever that vid card costs :p

soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 said:
And last i checked who cares about 3dMark and their non real world rendering......and did Nvidia use some sorta BS bios on their FX series to bump up 3DMark scores? 3dmarks are braging rights, means jack to shizle in real world games.....Nvidia is known for having high 3dmarks but ati is known for having real world ownage......yes im an ATI fan what can say, who needs pixle shader 10billion thousand to the 10th power...... :p

feel free not to flame me with "you dont know what your talking about" or flame me period, my veiw and my opinion from using both cards 9000 and fx series :p

soulsaver_8229

And SLI is known for stomping all ATI retro-core back to the stone age it crawled out of in real world gaming benchmarks. Which is what this thread is about.

Rollo said:
And SLI is known for stomping all ATI retro-core back to the stone age it crawled out of in real world gaming benchmarks. Which is what this thread is about.

sir, i dont see how having 2 video cards for one, yes one game that i see from those 3 sites of benchmarking considers a "stomping all ati retro-core back to the stone age it crawled out of"

yes ill admit Nvida does have better options, but for graphic rendering mfer's not gamers, who cares about 40 fps vs 400 dollars to buy your wife/gf something nice, or food for a month or bawls and a mini fridge :p

oh another thing, dont flame me calling me jealous, if i worked harder i could get an SLI rig, as i see it now, pci-e and sli and ddr2 are all crap atm, they have to much roughness to them, plus, i dont need to be all high end, i play games just fine :p

soulsaver_8229

Brucee said:
so this monitor should work good with the 6800 gt's. that was my question.
Yes, that monitor is fantastic for gaming given the price (It will run 1600x1200@75Hz).

I know because I own one.

so are the geforce 6800 gt sli smoother performers then the x850 xt pe? and no i don't mean in speed or fbs.

What i mean is no glitches.

Brucee said:
so are the geforce 6800 gt sli smoother performers then the x850 xt pe? and no i don't mean in speed or fbs.

What i mean is no glitches.

all computers no mater componets have their breaking point, you will get lag, from computer, ISP, PSU could slope, anything can happen, nothing is really considered smooth, SLI to me is a waste of money and a big cash cow for Nvida, i myself for heat issues, power issues, get the ATI, and for the fact green pcb is just so 1990's :rolleyes:
red and copper is where its at :cool:

what im geting at is its all prefrence, you can listen to me, you can listen to someone who owns an SLI rig, eaither way you wont know the diffrence till you try it for yourself, why not buy an sli set up, bench it with games you play, take it back, get ati x850pe set up, try it, see what ya like better, most stores have a return policy :p

edit, another point is, you wont "see" a diffrence with SLI and sigle card sulition, you can bench it and see, so thats another thing to think about, save 400 dollars and see the same thing, or pay 400 dollars see same thing :p

soulsaver_8229

IMO, SLI is only for people with monitors that support a res LARGER then 1600x1200. Unless you ply at a larger res, its money wasted

There are currently only a few games the X850XT struggles with at 1600x1200 max settings. Save the $400 and you will have pretty much have enough for the new cards which will be out in a few months. If you're one of the unfortunate SLI owners, you would probably be wise to sell one now before its value is cut in half from 350 to 170.

Also, a good thing to consider is that ATI has confirmed that the X850 line will work in AMR (or crossfire) so ya

soulsaver_8229 said:
edit: i looked at those links that trinibwoy linked, and serriously people, you SLI people are just braging about 0mg0rz0z i g0t 2 video cards!! running duel blah blah.........40fps in doom isnt worth 10 dollars a frame or whatever that vid card costs :p

If you look around a bit you'll find other reviews demonstrating considerable gains in other titles as well. I only posted those because the OP asked about those titles specifically.

And benefitting from SLI only at high resolutions is not a "bad" thing like some people try to spin it. It's just as stupid to say that there's no benefit from an XT PE or Ultra at 800x600. The word that comes to mind is "Duh!!"

dont mean it to be a bad thing, i mean if you got the money to blow go for it by all means......true benifits? not worth the 400ish dollars, and anyone whos says im wrong, well im sorry but you are, thats like saying if i have 4 gigs of dual channel ram its gonna make my computer go fast than 1 with 2 gigs in dual channel right?! right? :eek: no? yeah....so serriously, SLI is a great technolgy, but just like ddr2 and pcie it still has work to improve on, no matter what current computer componets you have, your gonna bottle neck somewhere, im just saying, SLI is cool and nice eye candy (nothing like seeing pics of a rig with SLI setup)

but reality sets in and lets you know, your eyes wont tell the diffrence, so why spend more on braging rights saying 0mg0z a_random_game runs at 3 billion fps all cause of SLI, and i cant tell the diffrence
/rant off

soulsaver_8229

b/c monitors that uses insane resolution would run like crap on a single card while SLI would give you alot better performance @ a alot more playable fps :) almost double I may add.....

and ram is different...having 2 gigs+ aren't being utilized, except for some games..and non gaming apps....while haing two videocards give u double the fps, well almost in most situations...

Back