What was your justification for RTX 2080 ti?

Wanted true 4K gaming capability. My Titan X Pascal came close, but it just wasn't quite there yet... so I decided to sell my Titan X in order to upgrade. The Titan RTX would have also worked, but I managed to come to my senses in time. I may be crazy, but I'm not quite up to Vega's level of crazy just yet. :D

I wanted good performance to drive my Samsung KS8500, that my previous 1080s in SLI couldn't provide. I actually paid more for those than a single 2080ti. Very happy with what I can do with this card. Never trusting multi gpu again until it really works as advertised on all the games I want.

some people just want the best money can buy. the best performance regardless of price, that people doesn't need justification to buy the closest GPU to offer truly 4K maxed settings as close as possible to 60FPS... that's the only justification needed for most people in this forum.

Well I've seen people buy the RTX Titan even though it's only 10% faster than the 2080 Ti and it costs 2x the price.

Just use what you like. If you have the cash and the wife won't kill you, splash it! LOL

Mine says hello!

Attachments

• DSC_2137.JPG
    DSC_2137.JPG
    545.5 KB · Views: 0
Having just ordered one, for me it was wanting a card that can handle 4K well when I upgrade to a 4K display. I have a 4K TV but 1440p/144 Hz display on the desktop. Coming from a 980 Ti I felt the 2080 Ti was a bigger upgrade than a 2080 while 1080 Ti isn't cheap enough on the used market yet in my country. So I got a Palit 2080 Ti Gaming Pro on sale for about 1100 euro with shipping. Expensive but within a price I'm willing to pay for the top end GPU at the moment. The 1300 euros and up prices for them in my country are just ridiculous.

I already had a fantastic 4K monitor, Acer Predator, and found the GTX 1070 could do it, just not as well as I wanted. I wanted the best, without paying north of $2000, and saw the EVGA was $999 on their site so I got it. I did overkill for this system with the 2080 Ti, 64GB RAM, Ryzen 7, but I also held onto my previous computer, a 2600K system, since it was new until last October when I made the plunge to Ryzen. I hadn't had a top tier card since the 8800 GTX and here I am.

Im still telling myself the x58 chipset saved me a few generations of upgrading.

As assuming you have unlimited credit, you don't have to justify anything...

Why would I need unlimited credit? They cost $1200 or so, seems like a $1200 line of credit would get 'er done.

And I haven't bought one yet, but I do have Titan X Maxwell X2, Titan X Pascal (used) and Titan Xp cards. those were all about $1200 new if I recall, so no stranger to dropping coin on video cards. And no need to ever justify any of them - as long as I'm not asking anybody else to pay for them, I need not justify anything.

Bought a 2080 Ti because 1080 Ti/2080 aren't fast enough for me. It's as simple as that really. I had a Titan X (Pascal - the first one) and it was just below the threshold of what I wanted in terms of performance so I sold it off for about what I paid and sat on the money until 2080 Ti reviews came out and confirmed that it would be the card for me, then placed a "pre-order" which took > 1 month to fulfill, but that's another story.

Having owned a 1080 and a 2560x1600 lcd, I’d already seen FPS struggles.

Cue me getting a 3440x1440 ultrawide. The obvious choice given that I had the budget to do so was get the big boy.

I could be Bill Gates and I still wouldn't give Nvidia $1400 for one of these klunkers. The 2080ti is easily 100% overpriced compared to the level of performance it brings to the table. This guy is running this company into the ground at breakneck speed. I give them 2 years max with him staying at the helm.

Back