What was your first HOLY COW! moment with an actual video card?

eclypse

2[H]4U
!!! I LOVED Forsaken and played the ever loving shit out of it with my Voodoo3. Trying to explain how it felt to go from software rendering and then to 3D in a game like that is something I can't do, and even that video doesn't do justice to how the difference felt at the time. I've been trying to find my disc for years now, to no avail (I have a download version now, but I want my disc). I think there's still a few containers at my parent's house I can check, but my hope has faded a good bit.
I might have it in full box forum :)

Haha I do! How about basicly new! Game case is sealed and contents look untouched but the box has been open.

This was in storage for over 5 years.. was planning on selling it along with others but became busy with buying s new house and moving at the time.

Last edited:
Playing tomb raider in the late 90s on my first custom built pc. I remember stopping by my local computer shop and purchasing an extra megabyte of ram for my video card. Back in the day, you could actually add memory directly to your video card. I can't remember for sure, but I think I went from one megabyte to two.

cjcox

[H]ard|Gawd
Playing DOOM on my P90 with Graphics Ultra Pro. Stuff like that simply was "impossible"... yet, there it was.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
I loved Forsaken. I think I had it on N64, though, but it was one of the best games back then.

Maddness

[H]ard|Gawd
Playing DOOM on my P90 with Graphics Ultra Pro. Stuff like that simply was "impossible"... yet, there it was.
I remember pkaying the original Doom on my very first PC. It was a 486 DX2-66 with a whole 4mb of ram. Boy, that's brings back some memories.