What was your First Console?

in order of having them:
nes, snes, sega, n64, dreamcast, ps2, xbox360

i also had a bunch of handhelds (ds, psp, orig. gameboy, gameboy pocket, gameboy color, gameboy sp, etc :cool: )

Atari 7800

It was given to us by some guy that believed it was corrupting his kids.
So, he gives it to my father, so he can give it to his kids....??

Made no sense, but I remember countless hours playing Pole Position II and Combat with my brother.

NES came, (Still have)
then a Turbo Grafx - 16 (Which I still have)
Sega Genesis (Still)
SNES
N64
PSX
Dreamcast (Sold. Biggest mistake I ever did)
PS2 (Saddest purchase ever. I gave up the DC for this. I've never felt so burned)
Gamecube
Xbox (Which I sold for a DS, mostly for lack of games. After I beat Ninja Gaiden, there was nothing left to play.)
X360 (Bought on launch, played for 2 weeks (RR6 FTW!), sold on ebay. PROFIT!)
and now Wii.

Waiting for a 360 redesign. Dont care how long it takes, that DVD drive annoys the shit out of me. It sounded worse than my Memorex 52x32x52x drive, which sounds like a jet taking off.

(Those of you that say it sounds fine, NO. It does not. I work in the day, and game at night. I cant have the volume full blast at 2am. That drive is a major annoyance.)

Sega Genesis 2nd generation in 94' (pretty sure that's the year). It came with a copy of Sonic 2, I still like that game.

Though if it counts, my grandmother has a NES that I played before the Genesis.

My sister got the Atari 2600 and we played it for a good while till I got older and wanted a nintendo but they were hard to get during Christmas so I got the Sega Master system which those games imo were just as fun back then. My favorite games were Ghostbusters and Rambo lol.

Pong
Atari 2600
Colecovision
Atari 5200

Rest dont matter :D
Think it was in this order
Sega
NES
SNES
PS1
PS2
XBOX
PSP
DS Light
GBA

Man

My first console was a ColecoVision that I got right about the end of 1983, I think. Then I moved to a Sega Master System, NES, TurboFrafx-16, SNES, Gamecube, PS2, and finally an XBox 360.

I still have all my older consoles, all in working condition. Well, except maybe the ColecoVision, most of my games for that system have been scattered to the winds, and I'm missing the antenna switchbox.

born in 85. first owned console was the snes, but i played the nes before that

My first console was a NES. That was an awesone Christmas:D I remember that it had Mario and Duck Hunt...

Born in 84, I got into the console seen late because I was always a PC gamer.

Then my friend sold me an XBOX 1 for cheap and then it all started.

My order: XBOX, PS2 (sold after a few months of collecting dust), PSP, XBOX 360, DS Lite, PS3, Wii.

(Those of you that say it sounds fine, NO. It does not. I work in the day, and game at night. I cant have the volume full blast at 2am. That drive is a major annoyance.)

100% opinion, my drive doesn't bother me at all. Nice try though sparky.

100% opinion, my drive doesn't bother me at all. Nice try though sparky.

+1. I've apparently got the "loudest" DVD drive and I don't notice it at all, even without the volume loud. When you first load a game it gets loud but quiets down pretty quickly...

Basically every major console starting with the colecovision except for the 3D0 and Jaguar.
For some odd reason I must have had about 6 different PS2's, I kept selling them and going back to it later when some new must have game came out. I suppose I should note that I don't have or intend on owning an X360 or PS3 for a long long time.

My favorite over-all at time of release would have to be the sega dreamcast. In fact I still had it hooked up until I got a Wii. When I got the Wii I disconnected the GC (for obvious reasons) and DC, because I was certain I would not have a reason to play any DC games for a long time.

I grew up with a 2600 controller in my hand. My brother got a Master System when it came out (I was 5). I grew up playing that as well.

My personal first console was the Turbografx-16. I was 8 when it was released and got it for Christmas that year (1989). My brother got a Genesis that same year.

I then got a Super Nintendo for Christmas in 1991.

My next console was the Jaguar, which I got in 1993 as a Christmas present. I was 12. Shortly thereafter we bought a Compaq Presario computer with an AMD 486DX4/100 and 4MB of RAM. I discovered Doom and, shortly thereafter, Doom II, Command & Conquer, etc.

My brother owned an N64 and Playstation. I played a lot of Bushido Blade and Final Fantasy VII, but my primary gaming experience was the PC.

I didn't get another console until the Wii I bought in November.

My first console was an Intellivision.... B-17 Bomber FTW.

"Mattel Electronics presents B-17 Boooomber" Intellivoice!!!

I had B-17 Bomber, Space Spartans, and Bomb Squad. Pretty innovative games for their time.

Oh, I loved my Intellivision. I miss the old sports games that had great names like Baseball and Basketball. I thought Motocross was better than Excitebike for NES because you could make your own track. I spent hours on games like Night Stalker (STUPID ROBOTS WITH THE SHIELDS!! I HATE YOU!)

-Consoles
Pong
Odyssey 2 (Still have one)
Nintendo64
Xbox

-Computers
Vic-20
C - 64
C - 128 (CPM ruled.. ;)
Amiga 1000
Amiga 2000
Amiga 500
Intel 486 (just in time for doom
Too many to list after this. I was running Linux in the early/mid 90's, but that was still on x86 hardware.

The only other significant thing I remember was buying Two 12Mb Voodoo2 cards on release day to run SLI. Spending $600 on video cards back in that day was a sign of true lunacy, but spending $1200 on 64Mb of RAM might have even topped that. ;)

Oh man, I still vaguely remember my first console. At this time the NES was $99, and I'd beg my parents for one every time we visited the toy store, but $100 was way too much for a toy to them. My parents were very cost conscious, frugal people.

And then, my grandmother who always liked to spoil us got me and my sister a NES! The one that came with Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt, the lightgun and 2 controllers. We were so excited, I remember I played Super Mario Brothers for days, even though I was terrible at it. My dad could actually beat it. Later on my grandmother got me and my sister Zelda & some other game I can't remember, and I'd call up my older cousins who had beaten it for hints since they knew where everything was.

Later on my grandmother spoiled me even further when she got me a Gameboy, which was an especially memorable Christmas since my sisters present was almost bigger than she was, and I was throwing a fit since it seemed unfair that I had this tiny, itty bitty present, and hers was enormous. What can I say, I was a little kid. Well low and behold mine was a Gameboy! Boy was I surprised. I may still have it around somewhere...I wonder if it still works.

Ah, those were the good old days.

God I can see it all now. Sitting in my parents house, barely able to look over the keyboard of our Commodore 64!!! That was the beginning

Pong
Atari 2600 (the big ole' wood mofo)
NES
SNES
TurboGrfx16
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Sega Genesis (with the wierd side cd thingy)
Atari Jaguar
PS1
*** Then I discovered the fabled MMO***
Wii

Edit: I forgot in there I had the original Gameboy and then my buddy some years later gave me his VirtuaBoy... God that thing was hidious!!!

Well when I was younger our family got an NES for Christmas. It was the first console we got. Eventually, when the new systems came out, my Dad just went out and bought a Genesis. After that my Mom sold the NES to a co-worker. I really wish she wouldn't have. Since then I laid claim to the Genesis, when I moved out, as well as the Sega Saturn my brother, Dad and I all chipped in for. The reason was they'd never play it, and I bought 6 of the 12 games, myself, anyway.

The first console I purchased all on my own was the Dreamcast. But before then, while I was still growing up, I bought a Sega Game Gear, but that of course is a hand-held, and not a console.

The first console I purchased all on my own was the Dreamcast. But before then, while I was still growing up, I bought a Sega Game Gear, but that of course is a hand-held, and not a console.

haha. Dreamcast was the first console I bought myself too.

..all this mention of the Dreamcast makes me wish I would have at least tried one out back in the day .. :(

..all this mention of the Dreamcast makes me wish I would have at least tried one out back in the day .. :(

It's still my favorite system, overall. I own more games for it then probably all my other consoles combined! The feeling of excitement I got, when I went out and got one two days after launch, hasn't been matched, for me, by the other consoles both before and after the DC. I haven't gotten one of the new next-gen systems, but I did wait in line, at the midnight launch of the original Xbox, which was fun (first time getting a system right on launch), but even that couldn't compare to the Dreamcast.

good ol' atari and it's sexy wood grain, baby. Then an atari 7800, etc etc. I still love circus atari and robotron :D

Back