What was the last game you got lost (engrossed) in?

I have a game I'm looking forward to getting lost in, Everquest Next. If they can remake that world (preferably only to Scare of Velious) and keep the same game play I'll probably nerd out.

I just started playing EVE Online, and I'm totally hooked. Great music, graphics, atmosphere...

Oblivion is one, normally hate RPG's but love that game. I load it up every now and again and do an unfinished sub quest. I've got all the DLC's for it also so there's still a LOT to do.

F1 2010 is also one of my more immersive experiences. With difficulty set high and a nice steering wheel it really does a good job of making you feel in the driver seat.

I'm frickin obsessed with dragon quest 9... I don't ever level grind or try to find all items/equipment/monsters in rpg games before... good thing I never tried mmorpgs (I think) this is insane. I already beat the game, why can't I put this shit down? It'll take FOREVER to max out everything 100%... WHY am i so lame?

I have a really bad habit of starting games and not finishing them. I think the last game I got into enough to beat was Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I love the Zelda games. I feel like I can't count WoW since it never ends, but I play that all the time.

Starting to play the Crysis series over again now, forgot how great it looks on a decent pc.

I just finished Warhammer 40k : Dawn of War 2 , really great single player. I love the humor of the game as its so quaint yet fresh. The game play is so different from the usual dredge of RTS games , don't get me wrong though I love the quality RTS games that come out but its nice to have a different flavor here and there.

Looking forward to the expac.

I have a STRONG feeling that Magicka will be taking up a lot of my time.

Played about 45 hours of KOTOR two weeks ago. First time playing any Bioware game. After a dull first hour I got totally into the game and loved it. That's probably the most time I've spent gaming in one week in seven years.

Just started playing Mass Effect. Sorry productivity.

Fallout 3. I got the GOTY for Christmas and have been really enjoying the Point Lookout expansion.

Counter Strike, since 1.6 days, have been 2 years without it...cs messed up my social life once. wont let it do it again

starcraft 2 campaign is pretty fun. so nostalgic

it's great on many points, but one thing ruined my experience with it:

While every other character is very fleshed out, Kerrigan went from the most devious, scheming and wonderfully bad char in SC and BW, to a predictable, dronelike queen of boring in SC2. The terran part of the game is sadly mainly a patriot tale of good man vs bad system and has nearly nothing about the fragile shifting lines of friend/foe between the 3 races and factions that made SC incredible

Well honestly, I'm deep in to BFBC2/Vietnam now.. feels like an old addiction to gaming past. Also picked up Dead Space 2 and I am LOVING this game.. probably too much. :cool:

I'm late to the game on Dragon's Age and picked it up during the holiday steam sale w/ all the DLC.

Wow, such an enjoyable game. I'm not in a hurry for DA2 as I just can't see how they can improve on something so bad ass. It's sure to disappoint me.

Dead Space 2 is the only thing I'm playing right now. I haven't had much time for games so as a result I'm not as far through it as I typically would be when I like a game.

Replaying Final Fantasy, the first time since beating it in the 80s, in its "remastered" anniversary edition for mobile devices. It's a weird feeling to pick up a game 20+ years later and remember the layout of the world and every dungeon during the first two dozen hours of play.

STALKER just a few weeks ago, and I'm now totally engrossed by Dead Space 2.
Posted via Mobile Device

I woke up yesterday when my alarm clock went off. Upon hearing the sound of the alarm, I jumped out of bed and ran about trying find an MCOM to disarm. I would have to say Battlefield Bad Company 2.

When I got home after work and got on TeamSpeak to play a few rounds with the guys I usually game with we had some laughs about my morning.

Starcraft 2, I've been so engrossed in it I've maybe visited this site 4 or 5 times since September.

Getting stale now though, especially with the amount of bitching in the player base (that and I suck!). Looking forward to something new.

I have a game I'm looking forward to getting lost in, Everquest Next. If they can remake that world (preferably only to Scare of Velious) and keep the same game play I'll probably nerd out.

This.

Omg, this.

Scars of Velious btw.

I am currently hooked on Fallout 3 (not New Vegas), just amazing how much you can explore. So much to do and see...

I woke up yesterday when my alarm clock went off. Upon hearing the sound of the alarm, I jumped out of bed and ran about trying find an MCOM to disarm. I would have to say Battlefield Bad Company 2.

When I got home after work and got on TeamSpeak to play a few rounds with the guys I usually game with we had some laughs about my morning.

Heh, sounds like you're playing too much... :)

Last one would be the witcher. But really any of the great single player RPG's like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout 3...

Two games I played about a year ago.

Torchlight and Defense Grid.

Ultima Online

So many houses to loot with a nifty little bug I found. This was back when wow was good, before they split the world into two and forced everything in houses to be locked down.

The free-for-all sense of that game has yet to be matched by any mmo imho. There was nothing more fun that setting a gm explosion trapped crate on the ground filled with crap waiting for some poor fool to open it.

I miss the ability to just randomly find untlooted monsters and items on the ground.

Dead Space 2 has been pretty engrossing recently. It's not nearly as insane as Amnesia but it's still a heck of a lot of fun.

Back