What was the last game you got lost (engrossed) in?

GRID

Now that I've won every race, I really have no motivation to play anymore. Must. Find. New. Game.

Most recent would have to be STALKER. Finally got around to playing it after all these years. I gave up on it too early and never touched it again for four years but I'm glad I stuck it through the first two hours now. Just beat Clear Sky as well right after but it felt very mediocre compared to SoC. I'm debating whether or not to play CoP or wait for the complete mod which is supposed to come out soon.

I was finally making somewhat of a dent in my backlog after plowing through BFBC2, Mafia, and Mafia 2 (all great games IMO)...then I decided to replay GTA IV before tackling EFLC and I'm wondering if that was a good decision. Feels like it's taking forever to complete this time and for fuck's sake I can't stand being "obligated" to keep taking everyone out on dates. I've always loved the GTA series and unlike a lot of people I did like GTA IV quite a bit the first time through, but I'm wondering if I should have just started Mass Effect (or gone straight to the GTA IV expansions) instead. I'm just over 20% complete...ugh. I have Assassin's Creed II, Amnesia, Hot Pursuit, Darksiders, Borderlands, The Witcher, RE 5, Metro 2033, Batman: AA (I know, right?) and a ton more waiting on me. What the heck am I doing playing through GTA IV again? It's pretty bad when playing a certain game almost feels like a chore, yet you keep plugging away at it just to satisfy some weird sense of accomplishment, lol. I have other games that I stopped playing for whatever reason and still need to finish. Dead Space (at the end), Deus Ex (love this game and never finished it), Brothers in Arms (at the end), F.E.A.R., Trine, Mirror's Edge, STALKER, etc. But no, I'd rather grind through GTA IV again for reasons which are unknown even to me. Damn you Rockstar for not bringing Red Dead Redemption to PC...I'd probably be playing that instead.

Most recent would have to be STALKER. Finally got around to playing it after all these years. I gave up on it too early and never touched it again for four years but I'm glad I stuck it through the first two hours now. Just beat Clear Sky as well right after but it felt very mediocre compared to SoC. I'm debating whether or not to play CoP or wait for the complete mod which is supposed to come out soon.

You should try Total Faction War by smoq2 et al as it features an all new storyline, controllable faction wars, henchmen with adjustable inventories and the best freeplay i've encountered in a Stalker mod yet (Whether it's SoC, CS or CoP).

Version 2.5 has just been released:
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=22758&sec_id=21

If your computer is decent enough I reccommend running AtmosFear for CS by cromm cruac on top of TFW. Might cause things to slow down a bit here and there but the weather looks fantastic with this mod.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=2&thm_id=22047&sec_id=21

Empire Total War. I plowed some 120 hours into it in less than a month, which is pretty damn hard for with the job, class and GF, thankfully she was in Europe at the time. I just loved capturing and controlling regions!

Super Street fighter 4, i seriously have a problem i think. I cant put it down. over 400 hours logged now..

The other day I finally got around to installing Civ V... 12 hours later I thought, "hmm, I should go grab dinner. 6am WTF?"

I don't know if it's even that much fun... but.. I... MUST... PLAY... ANOTHER... TURN.

The last was Demon's Souls, very hard time putting that one down.

Looking forward to Metro 2033, Risen, Dragon Age, and the 3 Stalker games when I get back from deployment.

Right now its Fallout 3. I love the world to explore, with dozens of hidden areas to explore. I have playing about 3 weeks am up to lvl 17 and still have not started the main story yet.

Single player survival in Minecraft. I picked up the game recently and spent some quality time exploring and building...I was having some wierd dreams for about a week.

That's when I know a game has really gotten a hold of me.

Metro 2033 ! Yes I am late to the party, but didn´t want to play it before I had a relatively decent DX11 card. Playing at 1440 x 900 at very high setttings and decent fps.

The sheer depth and complexity of data you find yourself immersed in here... just staggering. The story and game play obviously primitive and linear, but this show case of next gen graphics is just blowing me away or rather immersing me in a way I haven´t been for a long while. Too bad there is no weapon customizing etc.

Here is hoping 4A Games are going to use their skills and experience to manifest an open world shooter RPG in a couple of years, the visually and interactively blows STALKER out of the water.

Ever since Bad Company 2 came out, I was pretty engrossed in it, played a lot of online multiplayer. Gotten a bit bored of it the past few months or so and havent played it much.

You can also toss in Minecraft as well. I played that for about 2 months straight until everyone I played with stopped going to the server so it got boring by myself.

X3 -Terran Conflict. I played that game for 160 hours before realising that the custom character selection i had chosen disabled the story events. Turns out what i thought and assumed was a custom character class screen ala oblivion and numerous other games i had played, was simply a testing ground for mod developers and tinkerers with all plot development aspects disabled. Was seriously pissed when i found that out.

Am now 40 hours into a new game with the main preset character. Not doing particularly well. But i'll be damned if i'm gonna give up without finishing this game. Still good fun if horrendously time consuming.

Team Fortress Classic.

Best goddamn multiplayer to this day IMO. Only reason I don't play it nowadays (quit for college) is because hardly anyone else does.

BF2

Across the accounts I can remember using I logged 1,371 hours, or roughly 60 days straight errr 2months...... I think there's alot of hours missing but I'm not too concerned with it.

Bring on a non console'd BF3 and I'll be happy. I'm not pleased with the "I see you first! you die!" game...

KOTOR. Finally got around to playing last year and was amazed at how great the game was. Still need to play the sequel.

Every so often, when I finish a truly amazing, engrossing novel like Rendezvous with Rama, IT or Swan's Song, I feel almost sad that it's over. I feel like I said goodbye to a close friend who I'll never see again. The finale of LOST struck me the same way. The video games that gave me those same feelings were Deus Ex, Dreamfall, Oblivion, Dark Messiah (I'm still infatuated with Xana :p). I think I'll feel the same way when the Mass Effect series finishes.

Cryostasis and Metro 2033. Played them both after upgrading a 8800gt to a 5850 and XP to W 7, and I can now positively say that both these games are astonishing

Mass Effect 2 was the latest. Did every quest and scanned every planet. One of the only games I felt compelled to get the DLC for. I hate DLC, but I caved because I needed more Mass Effect. Can't wait for Mass Effect 3.

Playing Age of Conan these days and getting very engrossed in the game. Being a fan of Conan in general, this game is the bloody bomb! Loping off limbs and heads in high def with a wicked broad ax never gets old :)

Oh yea, it has great music and outstanding environments with fluid motion quality. You just need a good gaming rig to play it.

i'm hooked on red dead redemption and BFBC2 right now. I think killzone 3 will take most of my time away. I just couldn't stop playing the multiplayer beta.

Playing Age of Conan these days and getting very engrossed in the game. Being a fan of Conan in general, this game is the bloody bomb! Loping off limbs and heads in high def with a wicked broad ax never gets old :)

Oh yea, it has great music and outstanding environments with fluid motion quality. You just need a good gaming rig to play it.

Agreed. AoC was really the only MMO that every sucked me in -- not WoW (style is too panty-waisted goth for my taste) or Guild Wars (not really an MMO imo), or Rifts (way too buggy and WoW derivative). The graphics, environments and atomsphere is fantastic. The music is exceptional: every track is great and the tracklist is huge (and with Godslayer it's a near opus).

I quit every couple month, but keep coming back.

Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. I started to get into it on the PC last year but stopped and I no longer remember the reason why. I got the PS3 version because it had all of the DLC included and it was supposed to be more polished. I'm totally hooked and I get at least an hour in each night, whether it's just scanning planets or completing a mission or two. I'm missing a dossier for one memeber. The place holder is between Zaeed and Tali. I'll come across it at some point I guess.

I'm pretty into Dragon Age: Origins right now. Late to the party but cashed in on the Ultimate version for $40. Good deal I think.

Just finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Hands down the scariest game I've ever played. Not gonna lie, the game got my heart beating quite a few times. Unfortunately I did not understand the story line too much, but the gameplay was great, espcially for an indie game. A lot of great puzzles and frightning moments. Highly recommend Amnesia if you arent scared of the dark or monsters :)

Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. I started to get into it on the PC last year but stopped and I no longer remember the reason why. I got the PS3 version because it had all of the DLC included and it was supposed to be more polished. I'm totally hooked and I get at least an hour in each night, whether it's just scanning planets or completing a mission or two. I'm missing a dossier for one memeber. The place holder is between Zaeed and Tali. I'll come across it at some point I guess.
Yeah, that one is more built into the story than the others you could say. Won't be long now if that's the case.

Edit: Just noticed the date on your post! I'm guessing you've figured this one out. ;)

I am a little different than most here. I am currently getting down with NBA 2k11. LOL. This is my vote for absolutely best basketball game ever. I do muiltiplayer franchises with my friends and it is awesome.
I still play a lot of Call of Duty (Black Ops and MW2) as well.

Really lost in, I would have to say either The Darkness or Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain is questionable as far as a game, but The Darkness I thought the story was really good and the gameplay was cool. I can't wait for the sequel. It's kind of hard actually thinking of the last game that I got REALLY engrossed in. I imagine it is like," I have to play this game until I beat it!" It's hard to remember. Uncharted 2 I was really really into. I play a lot on PC too, but there hasn't been a game in a good while that I remember being really engrossed in. Actually, the last game on PC I was really engrossed in was Mass Effect 2. I loved playing that game.

Drakensang The River of Time.

GREAT old school RPG with a good story and stats development. 19.99$ is a steal for a quality RPG like that. :)

Rock-stable, didn't crash once in 60 hours. And no bug with any quest. We don't see this often these days. :)

Just finished it after 60 hours! Didn't even noticed I played the game for that long!

Totally recommend for people who like old-school RPG. :)

For me without question .. Starcraft 2. I played the shit out of it but now I'm burnt out.

Back