What was that AMD? Did you say Samsung is announcing an 8k Ultrawide?

The Odyssey Neo G9
"More details will be unveiled soon at CES."

Not something I would consider buying, but cool to see another step in monitor advancement.

Not something I would consider buying, but cool to see another step in monitor advancement.
not sure it's a step forward so much as a price increase.

i'd get a G9+ but trying to find a decent kvm that fully supports it is hard just at 5k / 120

This is totally up my alley. I really liked the CRG9 but wanted higher resolution. If it could do PbP with HDR and VRR that would be just the cherry on top.

My only concern is that my 4090 is outdated out of the gate because it only has DP 1.4. I am considering returning it and buying again when I have a display that could make use of its speed and have confirmed that future displays aren't going to be a problem.

It has a lot of potential, especially if they use the input virtualization tech they have on the Ark monitor (which lets you scale inputs and move them around)

I think it needs to be more the size of two 32" 4K monitors as the current form factor is too small for me.

This would give you the ability to run the vertical resolution of 4k but with a 21:9 (up to 32:9) aspect ratio.

Imagine playing a game at 21:9 in the center and having your work pc scaled to a small window off to the side...

The Odyssey Neo G9
"More details will be unveiled soon at CES."

The "Odyssey Neo G9" is their 49" 5120 x 1440 monitor. It's already out and reviewed. I can't stand this trend of re-using product names.

An 8K2K with high refresh rate would be amazing. The price of an 8K2K plus a $1000-1700 GPU to run it would not be so amazing, though.

At this point I just want someone to make a good 5K2K 40" monitor with high refresh rate.

Back