What videocard/CPU combination do you use for gaming?

What VideoCard/Processor combination do you use?

• ATi and AMD

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • ATi and intel

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • nvidia and AMD

Votes: 118 59.3%
  • nvidia and intel

Votes: 28 14.1%

• Total voters

Molingrad

Gawd
Just curious as to what company combinations are the most popular for gaming, especially considering the strong divisions between videocard and processor camps.

As of right now I would go amd and nvidia. Who knows what the future hold though

Opteron 170 @ 2.5 Ghz (Stock Voltage!)
ATi x800 XT PE (ill replace this summer when im making 20 an hour, and ill get a 2405 too)

Looks like AMD and Nvidia is a popular combo!

I'm running a lowly Pentium 4 2.53 (OC'ed 3ghz) with Leadtek Nvidia 6800 nu (unlocked with Rivatuner). Not exactly cutting edge, works well enough though. Running Half-Life 2 at 1280x1024 4x anti-aliasing 8x AS, everything high and it flies. I'd love a AMD X2 but I am getting married next week so no chance of that! ;)

AMD and ATi today, but was AMD and Nvidia two days ago. I demand my rigs be fast. I don't care who makes my fast stuff.

7800GTX 256 ->x1900xt

Were all else equal I would pick Nv over Ati for warranties and drivers, and AMD over intel just because I've been using them the most and for awhile.

3700 SD/ x800xl <--- I wish I had money for a newer card, but this one is still quite good.

Right Now.

AMD64 3500+ Venice 2.2Ghz.

ATi Radeon X850XT PE.

Soon to be (hopefully)

AMDFX 60.

X1900 Series Crossfire Setup :D

Both ATi and Nvidia have produced very good stable cards for generations now - the only real question is whether or not you have wised up over the past 3 years that AMD is a better performer for gaming.

Well, at least AMD is better for now. You never know what the future may hold.

7800gtx mobile + 2GHz pentium M (soon to be PINMODDED to 2.6GHZ) = OMG!

Json23 said:
Both ATi and Nvidia have produced very good stable cards for generations now - the only real question is whether or not you have wised up over the past 3 years that AMD is a better performer for gaming.

Well, at least AMD is better for now. You never know what the future may hold.

Yeah, ati and nvidia go back and forth so much that it almost doesn't matter. It really depends on your price point: the best $200 card could be ATi while the best $300 is nVidia, or vice versa.

The topic should be revised to ask what Video card manufacturer people use, haha! It seems that everyone loves EVGA, well at least a whole mess of us do!

-Rikus

I like how some of ya'll talk about needing an upgrade.

2.4 Ghz P4 + Radeon 9700 pro.

How's that for a leet system?!!!!

Put the system together over 3 years ago. Got more than my money's worth out of it.

ATi and Intel in both my desktop and laptop.

Desktop has an Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz processor with an ATi 9800 Pro All-In-Wonder.
Laptop has an Intel Pentium M (Centrino) 2.0 GHz processor with an ATi X700 w/128 MB.

I plan to build a new desktop late this year/early next year. I'll most likely go with an AMD processor in my next build. As for the video card, it'll depend on which is going to be the fastest at the time. :D

Back