What video game sites do you guys visit?

Ars
RPS
Eurogamer ( I like their digital foundry section )
The EDGE
[H]
Techspot - Not really a games review site though

I generally totally dismiss all "professional" reviews, and check metacritic to see user scores if I actually am thinking about something and am on the fence about it, but mostly I just talk with friends and read these forums - I know now to stay away from RAGE for instance, although I had a bad taste in my mouth from the beginning of development on that game since Carmack said it was focused on consoles, and it would be more enjoyable to play on consoles with a controller.
but for actual websites I generally just read news articles/impressions from Rock Paper Shotgun and Kotaku. Kotaku is available for a good laugh 1/2 the time as how completely out of touch from PC gamers they are, yet they claim to be. But they are very good about getting a lot of general news for the industry, their reviews suck donkey nuts though.

Mostly Metacritic now that way I see the big picture. I use Joystiq/Kotaku for news but not reviews.

I haven't trusted Gamespot since that whole Kane and Lynch thing.

I love Yathzee (Zero Punctuation) but it’s more comical than a real review for me.

I catch my reviews of video games on forums and I get my news from shacknews and neogaf basically.

Intense Gaming TV.. We attempt to stay pc centric and with only two of us making content with school full time its hard but I think we are coming a long nicely

I still visit Gamespot on occasion. Reading reviews isn't as vital to me as it once was, not since gamefly made it cheap to rent console games.

The only site I go to (and not very often at that) is Giantbomb. All I look at at Giantbomb are the quick looks really, I'd hate to call them mini-reviews as they frequently get quite lengthy, but the QLs seem to give a good idea of what the game is all about.

I personally besides the games we review will try and look at smaller websites and blogs as well as user reviews. As for straight up news, I just look at RSS feeds for companies, get a lot of e-mails, and then websites like gamasutra and rockpapershotgun.

Just an addition, I'm not sure how many people do this, but when checking reviews I go to metacritic and look at the review with the lowest score for the tittle. That way you know if its really a good game or if its crap and marketing is inflating the scores. I do this for every release.

Cut out the BS, straight to the chase.

BluesNews.com, Rock Paper Shotgun, and the Escapist (Zero Puncuation is always a chuckle even if hes a Consoletard most of the time, and the Jimquisition is spot on most of the time :p )

Back