What VIdeo Game did you had the most fun playing ever?!

dhahlen

[H]ard|Gawd
For me.. I think my #1 would have to go to Quake 2

I hopped on lithium and LMCTF and used to play on a server called VK LMCTF - Played it so much I joined the 'clan' - had tons of fun. I don't think I've found a game since then where I had as much fun as I did playing Quake 2. I would honestly play it from the time I woke up till the time I went to sleep... minus school / food / dump.

Just wondering what everyone else had the most fun playing - and if they've found a game that comes close?

Quake 2 is also one of my all time favorites.
Turok as lame as it sounds, and
F.E.A.R. specially when it was being played heavily in the leagues.

Probably Doom95, I love playing coop with 3 other friends back in the day when i was like 13-14. The way doom95 was setup was awesome. Also Red alert lan parties.

Most fun games I have played. Or just games that I had ALOT of fun playing.

Starfox 64 (Never ever gets old)
No One Lives Forever (mainly 1, but 2 was good too)
Team Fortress 2
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Super Smash Bros Melee
WoW (for the first two weeks)
Warioware: Mega Micro Minigames

For me, it's a tie between Wolfenstein:ET & Total Annihilation.

I enjoyed Lands of Lore as well of Hand of Fate...

I played Lands of Lore a few months ago, still fun as hell.

The only games that really sticks out from my childhood are the following:

Castle Wolfenstein 3-D (prolly my first FPS)
Doom
Quake (friends b-day party turned into, lets beat quake)
Super Mario Bro's (all of them)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (stayed up for entire weekends playing this one)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (lost a g/f over this one in jr. high)
Bond 64 (i had hundreds of hours logged in this game, awesome times)

Recently:

Neverwinter Nights (skipped school/work for days in a row to play online)
Half-Life 2 (skipped work to play it when it released)
Team Fortress 2

Age of Kings, Counter Strike (1.6 and source), Serious Sam the Second Encounter (co-op in that game kicks ass), Half Life 2 (the most amazing single player game I've ever played) and finally the numerous mods for the original Half Life that I played. Sven Co-op, Scientist Hunt (nothing beats having you and your two brothers being chased around a big multiplayer level by thirty scientists with poison needles trying to poke you), and there were a couple other scientist ones.

World of Warcraft (60 PvP, I was in the servers Marshall group. Nothing like rolling pugs for 16 hours a day)

Red Alert 2 with my best friend

MDK 2

Age of Kings, Counter Strike (1.6 and source), Serious Sam the Second Encounter (co-op in that game kicks ass), Half Life 2 (the most amazing single player game I've ever played) and finally the numerous mods for the original Half Life that I played. Sven Co-op, Scientist Hunt (nothing beats having you and your two brothers being chased around a big multiplayer level by thirty scientists with poison needles trying to poke you), and there were a couple other scientist ones.

Haha, that scientist mod sounds fun. My friends played zombie mod...

I remember playing CS in the alpha stages... GUN RUNNING FTW, haah

For me, it was Gunship on the old, OLD PC's i used to have, Cinemaware's series (Defender of the crown, the 3 stooges, ect) The olympic game's series that Epyx used to put out (Winter games, summer games, ect) and i really loved to play the original Elite. All these are old school i know, but they were FUN, and relied more on gameplay and such rather than fancy graphics and the same old thing we see (Mostly) nowadays. I used to spend hours on each a day when i was alot younger. :D

Subspace (now called Continuum).

I played that for about 8 years and have 4000-6000 gameplay hours in it. Some people have 10-20 thousand...it was insanely addictive and one of the first MMOs, but it had spaceships, squads, tons of gameplay modes, events, duels, lots of different "zones" (servers) with completely different settings (speed, rotation, damage, gameplay etc.) everything was user-created and modifiable, etc.

That's the longest I've played any game and the feeling you get when you've gotten so good that you can take on 5-10 other players at a time and beat them is just unmatched in any other game. The duels were great also...it's one of the few games where you actually improve your skills/playing ability by playing a lot and you simply get better, not improve your game character and you don't need better weapons and crap to be good. This isn't like most games where people play for a few hours and think they're great...experienced players could easily dominate anyone even if they've played the game for months or years.

Apart from that, I find TF2 very fun but no game can compare to Subspace in terms of how addictive it was and how you got better as a player instead of simply improving some made-up stats. I've just never had that experience in any other game and I've played most major PC games of the past maybe 15 years.

Under a Killing Moon, for the PC. Required a 386, 25 MHz or higher, and it's the most fun game I've ever played.

I remember my most fun was getting my Sega Dreamcast online for the first time, and playing Starlancer deathmatch. I got really good, get the reaper, put on spectral shields and full guns, hit noobs head on and they wonder why they cannot kill me with their shots :) After Starlancer, I had some hilairous times with Worms World Party, when the game would work.

Oh and then Starcraft. But that's another story...

I remember sitting in IRC when the dreamcast protection was cracked. I remember the boot cd, rofl. Good times... DC has some great games and the price of the console was damn cheap.

Good system that went down hill since it was marketed to make most of it's money off the games and not the console. After it was cracked it was over =(

Quake 3 DM, COH 4 Single Player, and Planetside (still wish there was a fpsmmo like this caliber) I loved planetside the most because I could see the potential in that type of game.

RTCW multiplayer.

this was the first game i attempted MP with. stayed up till 4am on the first night and had two midterm's the next day. i still play RTCW MP every now and then. good times.

dood collector's cd-rom all the way.

haha, 1x drives.. I think they were up to around 4x when the game came out.

I remember after I got a 24x drive years later... installing Wing Commander it said "Your drive is reading the disk faster than possible" lol

haha, 1x drives.. I think they were up to around 4x when the game came out.

I remember after I got a 24x drive years later... installing Wing Commander it said "Your drive is reading the disk faster than possible" lol
there was a full hard drive installation option, i think only the mission briefings ran from the CD. And of course the amazing imuse soundrack was midi, my AWE32 kicked some serious ass in that game.

man I'd have to say a tie between Contra and Quake 2. I used to play Q2ctf competitively for hours a day, and I still love it. I even still have my \Quake2 folder for lans, and I don't think I'd want to redo all my configs again if I ever lost it.

Ultima Online, when the world was a gritty, shithole filled with both assholes and good people.

Oregon Trail

Diablo 2

Fallout

Final Fantasy 7

Final Fantasy Tactics

Tecmo bowl

Unreal Tournament

Donkey Kong Country

F-Zero

Pole Position

sorry for the long list, I love these threads :)

Megaman 2, Crono Trigger, Doom, UT99, both Super Smash Bros. games (Brawl will probably be added to this list when it comes out :D), Metroid Prime, Red Alert 2, Serious Sam: TFE, and many others.

Dreamfall
Deus Ex
Half-Life
Half-Life 2 (only the Cathedral level; the rest of the game bored me)
Quake 2
Diablo 1 & 2
Chronicles of Riddick

Half Life 2
Final Fantasy VIII
KOTOR
Counterstrike Source

I probably had the most fun with source when I was in a clan. We scrimmed almost every night and we were in cal s4 or s5 if I remember correctly.

Halo 1, 2(less so) and 3(more so)
CS 1.3 -> Source
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy
Starcraft: Broodwar
Team Fortress 2
Portal

Those are my funnest games, nothing like 2 xbox's with 8 people and alcohol :)

Back