What Video Card???

jfnirvana292

[H]ard|Gawd
I current am running amd 4250 hd onboard video (128mb dedicated mem I think?). I have two problems, one is im having issues playing blu rays..says not hdcp compliant. The other is the hdmi stops working every few weeks so I have to uninstall then reinstall the driver.

Im looking for a new card in to $50 range. Im running windows 7 64 bit....I do not really game at all. Now, I think I could run this in crossfire mode with another radeon and that'd be cool for adding more monitors later :) but im open to opinions. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, it is HDCP compliant, so it will allow you to play blu ray discs easily, just make sure you have software that supports it.

The onboard one was supposed to be too...somaybe its the tv I have it hooked to? Or is it a driver issue?

The onboard one was supposed to be too...somaybe its the tv I have it hooked to? Or is it a driver issue?

It could be the TV. What is the make/model of the TV and when did you buy it? Also, make sure the HDMI cable is 1.3 or above, I've heard of older HDMI cables having issues, though it was rare.

In the CCC, check to see which device isn't HDCP compatible, it should show whether it is the IGP or the TV/monitor.

Op, you don't need a video card. Lets see if we can fix the issue without spending money first. Why spend money on something you don't need to?

I've built a few 780G ( HD 3200 ) based machines with full Blu-Ray support using the onboard video and they all work flawlessly with a program that allows Blu-Ray playback like Power DVD 8 and newer but they will have to be the pay versions as the free and demo ones do not have Blu-Ray support I don't believe ( not 100% sure on this ).

Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard direct from AMD's website. Also, try updating the bios for your motherboard as the HDMI issue may be resolved thru that.

Last edited:
Op, you don't need a video card. Lets see if we can fix the issue without spending money first. Why spend money on something you don't need to?

I've built a few 780G ( HD 3200 ) based machines with full Blu-Ray support using the onboard video and they all work flawlessly with a program that allows Blu-Ray playback like Power DVD 8 and newer.

Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard direct from AMD's website. Also, try updating the bios for your motherboard as the HDMI issue may be resolved thru that.

I didn't see a bios update as of a couple months ago, but ill check that and for a new chipset driver again.

Ok, updated the BIOS and some Blu Rays play now though Avatar is an example of one that will not play, the screen is just black (before it threw the HDCP error).

So I guess now we'll just have to wait and see if this also took care of the HDMI not working issue. So unless there is any other compelling reason to upgrade my graphics card I think I am good for now, thanks guys!

Ok, updated the BIOS and some Blu Rays play now though Avatar is an example of one that will not play, the screen is just black (before it threw the HDCP error).

So I guess now we'll just have to wait and see if this also took care of the HDMI not working issue. So unless there is any other compelling reason to upgrade my graphics card I think I am good for now, thanks guys!

Yeah sounds like the new motherboard BIOS had a newer integrated video BIOS.

You might try k-lite codec pack to see if it clears up your remaining playback issues.

The 5450 1GB card is the best card you will find for 50 dollars, unless you find like a use 8600 or 7900 GTX on the black market :)

Back