What versions of Intel 13900K ES chips support DLVR and what ITX MBs support it?

SomeRando

n00b
I need help with figuring out what Raptor Lake ES chips still have a functional DLVR and are there any ITX motherboards that have the setting for it to work? From the report below, ASUS has confirmed that some ES chips still have a functional DLVR but never specified which version have it. They also mentioned their Z690 Hero UEFI has the setting available. So, does anyone know what microcode* version of 13900K ES has DLVR and which ITX MB that has that feature functional?

I am building a special mini portable ITX build for mobile off grind streaming and efficiency (performance per watt) is critical. A properly tuned and under volted 13900K will provide me with the best performance per watt especially with DLVR. It will also significantly reduce power required for when it comes to single thread. Raptor lake is crazy efficient when you run low voltages and clocks thanks to those 16 e cores. With DLVR you can also get decent single thread without using massive amount of power.

*Is that the correct term? Its been a long time since I bought an ES chip

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-dlvr-fused-off-in-raptor-lake

I need help with figuring out what Raptor Lake ES chips still have a functional DLVR and are there any ITX motherboards that have the setting for it to work?
- Asus Boards do.

From the report below, ASUS has confirmed that some ES chips still have a functional DLVR but never specified which version have it. They also mentioned their Z690 Hero UEFI has the setting available. So, does anyone know what microcode* version of 13900K ES has DLVR and which ITX MB that has that feature functional?
- Does not matter since with the newest one you can choose between microcodes.

I am building a special mini portable ITX build for mobile off grind streaming and efficiency (performance per watt) is critical. A properly tuned and under volted 13900K will provide me with the best performance per watt especially with DLVR. It will also significantly reduce power required for when it comes to single thread. Raptor lake is crazy efficient when you run low voltages and clocks thanks to those 16 e cores. With DLVR you can also get decent single thread without using massive amount of power.

-Forget your idea with the ES Chip for a stable and efficient portable grind rig.
People making MONEY with this stuff could not cobble up that kind of setup. Nevemind making it truly work.

An Engineering Sample isn´t a chip i would want to run daily. Those are slow ! And not particularly stable to beginn with.

And they usually need more vcore to do the same task since they are still in pre-production and wafer production has not been dialled in.
So your idea of an energy efficient ES ship goes out the window.

Did you see one video or article about DLVR in action with 13th gen ? Like anywhere?

In a 100 days the refresh chips will come out with DLVR activated (for what its worth at the end).

You will be able to buy a 13650k and truly test it out.

Investing time to find an ES chip with DLVR in working condition for your kind of setup seems really really far fetched.

But if you do find one and get it to work I think someone would pay 4 digits to test DLVR before it comes out for desktop.

Last edited:
Well I have bought ES chips in the past* and they have run comparatively the same as retail but I bought versions that people specifically mentioned were the versions you wanted because they were very new and close to production samples. I know there are some early samples you don't want, which is why i was hoping to luck out and find someone who knew the answer like last time lol. *shrugs* Its worth a shot for what I am doing. Worse comes to worse I buy a retail chip and post some interesting data online but....

Where did you hear the refresh is getting DLVR? If so then I might just wait or buy current retail and just upgrade to the refresh once it comes out. Thanks for the good info and reply.

*They were laptop ES chips vs desktop so maybe those were released after desktop came out and were more polished in the ES stage vs the desktop ES chips.

Last edited:
An Option in Asus bios concerning this feature has been detected.
Since it does not work the questions came up as to why it stayed there.
The answer was that it stayed there for future compatibility. This was a summary and not a real quote.

btw rumor has it that the refresh of raptor lake will have it. i am hoping thats the case so i plan on buying retail for now. and rebuy refresh since i cant get good info on es chips. i appreciate everyone's help. if refresh doesnt have it i might come back and try an es chip

Back