What version of Android was the first you used?

First version of Android you used

• Pre-Froyo

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Froyo

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Gingerbread

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Honeycomb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice-cream Sandwich

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Jelly Bean

• Kit Kat

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lollipop

• Marshmallow

• Nougat

• Oreo

• after Oreo

• Total voters
i had froyo and gb on a htc inspire iirc, then went back to windows phones...

Froyo on HTC Desire HD. Later upgraded to Gingerbread with CyanogenMod

Pre-froyo on an HTC Droid incredible (first release with a single core 1ghz snapdragon). That was my first phone after having used windows mobile for many years.

Voting for Froyo, cause that's what ran on my first real Android phone, but I think I tried Cupcake on the OpenMoko devices that were aspiring to be phones. Let's let those rest peacefully in the depths of my basement box of tech best forgotten.

Did a couple go rounds with Windows Phone 7.5? (fairly meh) and 8/8.1 (liked those more), but Windows Mobile 10 was crap because Microsoft gave up before release and I had to go back to Android, cause limping along on Windows 8 wasn't sensible.

I think it was froyo 2.2 on my LG Optimus V, good phone lots of tinkering and community support at the time

I think it was froyo 2.2 on my LG Optimus V, good phone lots of tinkering and community support at the time
Yeah, that's what I had. They had a Gingerbread (2.3) beta, but it didn't pass testing and wasn't released. I had gingerbread via Cynaogen at some point to fool around after I stopped using it.

My G1 (HTC Dream) came with 1.0 and Donut was the last OTA update it ever got. Replaced it with the G2 (Desire Z) as soon as it released and that had Froyo. Loved the slide out keyboards, it was kind of strange when Android added the onscreen one and you didn't need to use the physical any longer.

Whatever version 6 was, because the Windows Mobile / Phone platform was dead.

HTC HERO (SPRINT ~2009) Cupcake android 1.5 later 2.1.. That trackball though loved it.

1651780300239.png

Pre-froyo on an HTC Droid incredible (first release with a single core 1ghz snapdragon). That was my first phone after having used windows mobile for many years.
That was my first experience with Android (and smartphones in general). I remember me and a buddy flashing custom ROMs on that thing with beads of sweat running down our faces trying not to brick the thing (as you had to time it just right), but it was really exciting and fun at the time. I flashed ROM updates to that phone until it literally wouldn't turn on anymore. Got way more mileage out of it than I should have. Fun times.

Back