what vcore do you guys run 24/7 ryzen 3000s

bal3wolf

Limp Gawd
So got my system stable with a all core clock of 4.4ghz on 1.315 drops down to 1.28 under load have tossed 6-8hrs of realbench at it 4 hrs of cb20 4-6 hrs of aida and gamed and i run metatrader also its nice and stable i dont really wanna go any higher on vcore about as high as i feel safe. Wonder what others have run 24/7 on the ryzen 3 series chips i have managed a pbo of 4600 limited cores and 4350 all core clocks but my pc is almost never idle so i was staying in high 1.4s almost all the time.

Run my 3950x all-core stock 1.185v at LLC3. It'll drop down a bit to ~1.16v or so when i have it mining randomX.

i just have mine at the stock voltages.. think it's 1.38 single core 1.33 all core load. was running 4.4Ghz with those same voltages but after updating to bios multiple times i got lazy and just left everything on auto.. overclock didn't make much of a difference for me since i'm gpu limited anyways so it wasn't worth the trade off for power savings. either way i wouldn't run PBO on the higher end chips, not really worth it since it'll just throw as much voltage into it as it can for very little gain and/or reduced performance due to the higher temps.. lower end stuff it's not as bad since you typically have the temperature headroom.

anything under 1.4v for long term should be safe unless you're some one that sits on a build for 5-10 years but i'd still say the board will probably fail before the cpu. but 4.4's probably the top end of what you'll get out of that chip most likely, getting over 4.3 stable is pretty damn good.

anything under 1.4v for long term should be safe unless you're some one that sits on a build for 5-10 years but i'd still say the board will probably fail before the cpu. but 4.4's probably the top end of what you'll get out of that chip most likely, getting over 4.3 stable is pretty damn good.

No, that could degrade in a month. Maximum fit voltage for high current loads is 1.325v, though actual is always dependent upon individual silicon. Max voltage for low current loads is 1.5v. High current = all core situations where all cores are loaded. Low current = single threaded situations.

yea i dropped my clock down to 4.3Ghz with 1.23-1.26 vcore to be alittle safer and thats atleast somewhat prime95 smallfft 128k stable i didnt run it more then about 30mins will use other tests longer to confirm its 100% stable.

My 3800x is at an all core OC of 4.35 at 1.325v. Been running it at that speed and vcore since November 2019. It’s being cooled by a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum AIO. During gaming sessions I crank all the fans and the rad fans to 100%. Never goes beyond 65c. I have on a headset so the noise doesn’t bother me.

You guys should consider running a ratio overclock. Generally speaking the first chiplet can run 4.5ghz at 1.325v or there abouts. Thus running an allcore at 4.3 means you lose out on that precious single core boost. Setting a ratio of 4.5 for the first CCX and 4.3 for the other CCX, gets you that allcore performance you want and a good compromise for single thread performance.

For example 4.3 all core

3900x@4.3.png

ratio overclock 4.45 to 4.3

3900x@4.5-4.3.png

Reactions: noko
like this
my ccx2 can do 4.5 but rest wont go above 4400 i been trying to keep vcore between 1.24-.1.29 sence my fit voltage when i tested it went up to around 1.29 tops. Once i get this 4300 prime95 smallfft stable for ateast a hr i might see if i can get 2 chipset stable at 4500 i already do ccx overclocking because i get a wierd issue if i do a all core overclock my sata speeds tank badly.

my ccx2 can do 4.5 but rest wont go above 4400 i been trying to keep vcore between 1.24-.1.29 sence my fit voltage when i tested it went up to around 1.29 tops. Once i get this 4300 prime95 smallfft stable for ateast a hr i might see if i can get 2 chipset stable at 4500 i already do ccx overclocking because i get a wierd issue if i do a all core overclock my sata speeds tank badly.

Which CCX is starred in Ryzen Master?

truthfuly i havet used ryzen master much been all bios so i dont know my way around it very well yet theirs a screenshot with pbo turned on. looks like 5 and 11 have stars on them.

Attachments

• rmaster.JPG
    rmaster.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
truthfuly i havet used ryzen master much been all bios so i dont know my way around it very well yet theirs a screenshot with pbo turned on. looks like 5 and 11 have stars on them.

Hmm, by your RM screen, the two gold stars are your fastest cores, white stars are your second best. The limit with this is that we can only overclock by the whole CCX at a time, which is 3 cores at once. As you say if CCX2 (CCD0/CCX1) is your best then set that ratio to 45 and everything else to 43. If you can pull that off at 1.3v that is pretty darn good. Btw, I only use RM to see which cores are starred. In my experience it doesn't equate to highest overclocking core. It doesn't match up with yours either it seems, but no biggie.

yea seems like a no go to get any to 4500 and still be a hr stable in prime95 small fft.

Vcore is 1.31 and down to 1.29 under stress testing. 4.3 all core in BIOS.

I run my CPU at stock voltages all the time. I have 3950x. I have heard that overwhelming the CPU degrades it faster so I run my system at stock loads.

Ryzen 2 is a weird beast, every CPU is pretty much unique and what voltage is safe for 3600 is definetly not safe for 3900. Enable PBO with maxed out limits, start Prime95 with Small FFT and see what the voltage is. That is the FIT voltage what AMD has deemed safe for prolonged use on maximum load and what you should aim for if safety is important to you. Going over it may be safe or it may not and you accelerate degradation, who knows. But point is, 7nm Ryzens and particularly higher core count ones are very sensitive. Unless you feel adventurous and you have money to burn it is best to stick to PBO. As boring as it is.

Back