What utility are you using to OC your 1900?

eno-on

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got ati tray tool, which does NOT allow for OCing on the x1900xtx. So, what are you using?

ATI Tool 0.25 Beta 14

I haven't tried Beta 15 because 14 suited me fine.

ATiTool 0.25 Beta 14

I have a X1900XTX and I can OC it just fine. I OC it to a moderate 710mhz gpu/1602mhz mem on the stock cooler.

I thought ATI Tool doesn't work with Catalyst 6.4 and up.

RoadKill said:
ATiTool 0.25 Beta 14

I have a X1900XTX and I can OC it just fine. I OC it to a moderate 710mhz gpu/1602mhz mem on the stock cooler.

ATi Tool 0.25 beta 15

Although I might try beta 14, since beta 15 won't let to set anything past 792mhz memory.

RoadKill said:
I'm using the latest Cats. and it works just fine with ATITool 0.25 Beta 14
On those games with movie trailers playing during the opening sequence, the overclock setting goes back to default. A good example is BF2.

Link said:
On those games with movie trailers playing during the opening sequence, the overclock setting goes back to default. A good example is BF2.

I have had some hiccups with the 3D Detection not working quite right if that is what you are talking about. I can tell because my case is near silent in 2d, and I set my video card fan speed at 68% in 3D. I can hear the change in speed when it happens.

A couple of occasions for Oblivion I noticed the fan did not speed up, when that happens I just exit the game and manually set the 3D clocks. When you do that it seems to cancel 3D detection altogether, because I will have to manually set the clocks until I restart ATI Tool.

If beta 15 isn't working for you, make sure you haven't disabled any ATi services.
I guess beta 14 actually required some services to be shut off, but they are all supposed
to be running with beta 15. I install DD, WDM from the dial-up download menu. And didn't install CCC.

I tried pre-beta release 16 last night and it's not working at all for me.
It will let me overclock past 792mhz memory, but even at settings that were
totally stable with beta 15, I get wavy lines and glitches all over the desktop. :confused:

I've heard Riva Tuner is actually a good OC utility with these cards, but apparently you cannot adjust the voltages in the public release.

Back