What to use as res - submerge 1250

Masejoer

Gawd
Anyone have any ideas on what I could use to submerge my Eheim 1250 in? Around the same length and width, but a little taller to connect the pump's outlet to the reservoir's (will be added). Needs to have its "top"/highest side on the same side as the pump's outlet to keep air cavitation at a minimum. Waterproof "lid" preferably and removeable.

I haven't had any luck finding anything that'll work yet, with exception of making one myself out of lexan. I'm trying to keep its footprint at a minimum, but still run the pump submerged.

and I have my reasons as to why I'm trying to submerge it now. If only I could find an easy way to do it, without using more water than needed.

you might try a nema 4 rated weatherproof electrical box (grey plastic) can be got at most hardware stores in various sizes.

The only ones I saw were just under the 1250's size, or 4x+ the size of the eheim. That and the lid becomes the side wall, which is pretty large an area to rely on that weatherstrip (I have had the smaller one as a first/non-used res for years)

IIRC Alphacool makes a reservoir that the pump sits in completely submerged.

I'll look into it, although somehow I managed to snap my Eheim's shaft in 2 while trying to find which part of the intake was leaking (just had to turn the retainer 90 degrees)...yet it still runs like its supposerd to and quietly. These things just can't be killed

edit:
I don't see anything about submerging a 1250 on their site, just the 600 and 1000 model pumps (compact models)

5 gallon pail & lid.

Cost: < $5 at your local hardware store.

Back