What to replace Asus P5B-E with?

theTIK

Gawd
My Mobo just went bad from the system in my sig. I sent the rma in to newegg and they do not carry that model anymore so I get my money back. However I really haven't paid much attention to computer hardware since I built my pc. I was wondering if I could get your opinions on what motherboard I should replace the P5B-E with?

The direct replacement for that board would be the P5K-E, IIRC.

What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? eSATA? etc...
What made you choose the P5B-E originally?
Did you like the Asus board?

I originally chose the board because it had so many data ports and I only needed one pci slot for a graphics card. This forum also highly recommended the board at the time and I did like it until the bios chip apparentyl went out. I don't currently have a need for eSATA or FireWire but it would be nice to have just in case for the future. I do overclock so I need a board that can handle that and that has room to fit my heatsink. I appreciate any suggestions you guys can give. I will look into that board mentioned.

Other boards to consider are the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R, DS3P, DS4, the Abit IP35, IP35 Pro, tthe MSI P35 Neo2-FR, Platinum, or the DFI P35 boards. All P35 boards OC pretty well, so you can't really go wrong with any of the boards I mentioned, including the P5K-E.

Back