What to print in resin?

GhengisKhan

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been playing with my Ender 3 v2 for about a month now and I got my wife excited about me having it, so it was a quick jump to convince her to let me get a small resin printer. I mean, who doesn't like the idea of building stuff with lasers?

Well, my new LD002R Resin printer was delivered today. Any thoughts on what to print first, second, third, etc...?

Also, what kind of things are going to be the main differences between this and my Ender that I should be aware of?

Definitely making that pi pencil cup. I just got a new desk at work, so this will be perfect.

Details is where resin printers really shine. If you are into figures, sculptures, statues, etc., resin out performs filament typically in details. They can also do it faster.

You fail to see the childish humor of his.
Oh, I certainly get it. Though you may underestimate the number of "ding ding"s and dickasauruses I printed out for stocking stuffers this past Christmas. Low level chaos spread from those "anonymous" gifts really warmed the cockles of my heart. Maybe in the sub cockle area. Maybe in the liver, maybe in the kidneys. Maybe even in the colon, I don't know. :D

First print was highly successful.
20210124_164854.jpg

Damn you resin and your insane detail! Color me FDM jealous.
I love it, but before I print anything else in resin I have to print an exhaust fan mount for it on my Ender3. It really stunk up the house.

Could make a reservoir or distro plate, cable combs en masse, air channels for more efficient airflow, etc.

I have the design already, and I have a dryer hose, with a 1-way flap connected to the window in my basement.

Wow- I was just going to ask about the Phrozen Sonic Mini, just went on sale for $199, but yours seems very similar and has a larger print volume. And I notice that there are a bunch of similar printers... Off to read reviews!

Wow- I was just going to ask about the Phrozen Sonic Mini, just went on sale for $199, but yours seems very similar and has a larger print volume. And I notice that there are a bunch of similar printers... Off to read reviews!
I'm not sure about the other ones, but mine has a charcoal filter on the exhaust. Doesn't stop the smell 100%, but it's definitely barrable even with a stinky generic resin.

Yeah- mine would be in the garage for sure, just for good measure.

How long did the PI cup take to print?

Yeah- mine would be in the garage for sure, just for good measure.

How long did the PI cup take to print?
I think it was about 4 or 5 hours. (I started it before heading to work) But I then cleaned it off and put it under UV light for a couple hours to make sure it was fully cured.

Scales up figures for resin printers all the way! That's my favourite at least anyway... :D As everyone has already mentioned. It's my go-to for anything that requires precision.

I've been playing with my Ender 3 v2 for about a month now and I got my wife excited about me having it, so it was a quick jump to convince her to let me get a small resin printer. I mean, who doesn't like the idea of building stuff with lasers?

Well, my new LD002R Resin printer was delivered today. Any thoughts on what to print first, second, third, etc...?

Also, what kind of things are going to be the main differences between this and my Ender that I should be aware of?

You are confusing MSLA with SLA. Your printer doesn't use a laser, it uses an LED array masked by an LCD screen. If you are looking for cool stuff to print check out cgtrader and cults3d in addition to the other sites mentioned.

Let me know if you're into Calvin and Hobbes. I Just printed this on my less than 24 hour old Saturn 4K. Granted I printed it solid instead of hollow... I'm still learning. Took over 18 hours on my CR-10S last year. this version took less than 8 hours .

IMG_8149.JPG

I love it, but before I print anything else in resin I have to print an exhaust fan mount for it on my Ender3. It really stunk up the house.
Unfortunately that’s why I no longer use resin. The detail is amazing, but long term use and storage of the chemicals, and the smell make it hard for me to print year round with it. They are awesome tho!

Back