What to get for FFXIV @ 5760x1200

Breath_of_the_Dying

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm currently running what's in my sig, but I'd like to get a little more eye candy and FPS at my resolution. I'm looking in the 350-400 range for an upgrade, but if I can sell my current card, I might be willing to push higher. Recommendations? Depending on the gains of the rumored 9000 series, I may be willing to wait if at least to see the price cuts on this current line.

I don't have experience with XFire, but if its a cheaper way to get steady gains for XIV I'd be willing to learn what I need to

If you want to upgrade now, 7970 or gtx 770 are your 2 best options at that price range. Or wait and see what AMD does next. I would stay away from xfire until the end of the month when the new drivers come out. You've got about $120 or so in resale for your 6950.

Thanks. Damn, it looks like I was late to the party by a few weeks, there were some sapphire 7970s going on sale for less than 350 + 4 games on newegg.....

I'll keep my eye out over the next month for 7970s or 770s dropping below $350. I've got some stuff to do over the next 3 weeks anyways, so maybe its better to not have distractions before then :)

Back