What to expect from new AMD and Nvidia cards

What numbers are you looking at, because those numbers paint a decent success for Turning.

You must have not noticed Pascal then. Just the lowly 1060 is over half of Turning's total. Pascal is at 34% even after people have had years to upgrade from it. Not only that people got next to nothing for the price they paid to have Ray Tracing.

hws_nvidia.gif NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 11.18%

1060 doesn’t get the credit it deserves for powering a lot of Minecraft, Fortnite, br, etc gameplay for that newest generation of PC gamers.
$80-100 used 3gb gpu was easy to grab off CL and stuff into a 1st gaming box.
As long as we keep some kids from becoming lifelong console players, then they’ll be a market for non essential hobby components.

You must have not noticed Pascal then. Just the lowly 1060 is over half of Turning's total. Pascal is at 34% even after people have had years to upgrade from it. Not only that people got next to nothing for the price they paid to have Ray Tracing.

View attachment 276025 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 11.18%

Pascal was one of the best NVidia release ever, certainly the best in a decade, and had a longer life cycle as well.

You can still have a success without topping the best thing in a decade+.

Higher adoption rate doesn't mean they weren't overpriced. It just means they were preferred, AMD has issues with oem and enduser confidence. I am in that boat, will end up buying a 3080 for myself and a 3090 for the wife. I initially was going to wait until big navi but the wife said she wanted another strix geforce card. Talked with her about waiting and her point which I agree with was, why wait when we aren't going to trust AMD with the amount the cards cost anyways. She knows very little about computers but she knows what is currently the fastest and more stable video card maker she says. This is a problem time of proving people wrong and money marketing against it AMD is going to need to convince end users to buy their products.

Your WIFE wants the 3090?!? Does she have a sister??

Your WIFE wants the 3090?!? Does she have a sister??
She does but she's basically a meth head. I play at 1440p while she plays at 4k on the TV with a controller, since she's a converted console player. She just wants everything on and fast. She plans on keeping her 2080ti as a backup.

I notice I always seem to say with a controller. Gotta stop judging, lol.

Last edited:
Hopefully the new 3000 cards don't come with free copies of space invaders bundled with Watch Dogs Legion.

Back