What to do with old Thermaltake Tai-Chi case?

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by tikiman2012, Jan 29, 2017.

1. tikiman2012

tikiman2012 [H]ard|Gawd

Does anybody have any ideas about what an old Thermaltake Tai-Chi case can be reused or re-purposed for? It's been lying around for 10 years now. I can't bring myself to throw it away. It's a very rugged case & has to be good for something.

It's this case.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/atx-btx-cases,1187-11.html

2. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] [H]ard|Gawd

Mail it to me! :D
    (No, not really, the GF would murder me in my sleep)

stinger608 likes this.
  3. JJ Johnson

JJ Johnson Gawd

File/storage server. Looks like there's room for a minimum of nine hard drives, but you could get a few 5-in-3 drive cages and have as many as 15 hot-swap hard drives with three of the drive cages.

You could use the Supermicro cages at $100 each, or the Icy Dock cages, $80 each. there may be cheaper options.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. cyclone3d

cyclone3d [H]ardForum Junkie

I'll take that thing.

I love old thick aluminum cases. My current case is a modded for good cooling Lian Li PC-767.

But seriously.. if you want to get rid of it, I'll pay shipping for it provided it isn't too much.

5. stinger608

stinger608 [H]ardness Supreme

Man, I wanted that case so bad when they were new, but it was way out of my price range. I never could justify the expense for one of those!

As most have posted, I'd take that puppy off your hands for a nostalgic server build using my ole MSI Master 2FAR board and processors!

That would be frigging awesome!!!!!!!!

w1retap likes this.
  6. w1retap

w1retap [H]ardForum Junkie

I always wanted one of those as well. I remember drooling over it at CompUSA back in high school. :p

stinger608 likes this.
  7. Cataulin

Cataulin [H]ard|Gawd

man if you were on the east cost in virginia/NC/Maryland I would drive to pick it up