What to do with a box of dead hard drives.

HexiumVII

Limp Gawd
I have a box of dead hard drives and i don't know what to do with them. I usually just take them apart and keep the neodymium magnets, but i already have a huge collection. Anyone have any ideas other than a clock?

Is time travel via a DeLorean, or perhaps modern version (Tesla roadster.. Sky RedLine.. MiniCooper S, Corvette ZR1, etc) a possibility? pshhhh who needs a clock :p

Do you have your baller chain yet?

Erry one knowz hdd platter all shined up with a speaker wire chain is for pimpz.

I know western digital has a "customer loyalty" program so if you enter in serial numbers of dead WD drives you can get a discount on a new one... D=?

Bury them next to a river near people.
Over the years watch the people living next to river and see if they develop mutant powers.

Recycle them. Some computer places take stuff for free because the parts can be recycled, so somebody is making money from the junk.

What size/brand do you have? I might be willing to pay for some.

Take them out and shoot them. That's what I do.

1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_1_l.jpg

1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_2_l.jpg

Take the magnests out and destroy other people's Hard Drives...

Magnets in a hard drive really wouldn't do anything but stick to the drive. You'd need either a REALLY powerful magnet/electromagnet to do it.

Cool shots there Dan_D. What caliber rifle did you use? I've got an M44 (7.62x54) and VZ24 (8mm). I bet I could have some fun... :cool: I've got a couple dead hard drives.

Magnets in a hard drive really wouldn't do anything but stick to the drive. You'd need either a REALLY powerful magnet/electromagnet to do it.

Cool shots there Dan_D. What caliber rifle did you use? I've got an M44 (7.62x54) and VZ24 (8mm). I bet I could have some fun... :cool: I've got a couple dead hard drives.

I used a Bushmaster XM-15 E21S (AR-15) in 5.56x45/.223. The small holes you see are made with surplus 5.56x45mm M855 SS109 green-tip steel core FMJ rounds. The larger holes are made with 65gr. JHP .223 Remingont rounds through the same gun. The hollow points made a small entrance holes and huge exit holes as you can see.

Back