what to do I need a CPU & Mobo for $270

4LC4PON3

DERP!
Ok here is the deal. Im building a new rig. We had a house fire and now that im back on my feet and everything's good to go I lost my main rig which I loved dearly. Im building a new rig and all the parts are on the way but im as of right now im undecided on a MOBO & CPU

I have $270 max & I dont overclock. The mobo must support 4 sticks of ram. Thoughts?

kool that works for me. I was actually looking at something a bit different just now

4460 + Asrock Z97 Pro3 (was going to buy the Z97 for future cpu upgrade) came to 300 with tax. a bit over budget tho but yours looks good to. I have no plans on overclocking or sli/crossfire

Oh man, I just picked up a 4770k + motherboard for $275'ish from MC after tax on BF. Do you have an MC nearby? I think you shold be easily able to cover that with a 4670k..

If you have no plans on OC'ing, and actually like "computing" (not just gaming or watching videos, and doing "home user" type stuff), grab the I5-4570 which is a hidden gem $159.99 @ MC. Another option, if you'll go one gen older is the E3-1230v2 at MC is $199.99.

Edit: Can't find the I5-4570 anymore @ MC :(

i ended up ordering the 4590 and the asrock Z97 Pro3 for future upgrades. If i decide to change my cpu

Back