What time does the GTA IV trailer start?

1175204471.jpg

Guess where ;)

I just saw the trailer.:) . But what place it that? looked like new york in the trailer.

Worked for me :(. I think so many people are even hammering the torrent file download now :(.

The intro is quite nice, a pleasent surprise for me as the graphics were a lot better than i thought they would be, the main character is also different to what i imagined, but the game should be awesome when it finally arrives. The pic from DIGG that was included in this thread, is indeed from the demo.

1175204471.jpg

Guess where ;)

London?? lmao

I'm glad it takes place in NYC. I wonder if it's like True Crime: NYC (accurate streets, avenues, etc.) and if it includes the other boroughs too...

If so... I'm going to pay my place a visit.:D

I did see the trailer the guy says at the end ''This time maybe things will be different'' just wait and see;)

I just saw it...KICK ASS

I think its about the Russian Mafia :eek:

Yeah, I saw it too (and saved it).
Looks amazing graphically...
Completely lives up to my expectations so far...

Argghhh October is so far away, though!!!

This is definately going to be a long 6 months, holy shit.

I'm trying to get a mirror up atm.

Demonoid Torrent came in at about 200k/s :D

Level of detail is very impressive if they've managed to keep the scale as big as the others, it's basically going to be awesome :D

Yea, it definetley sounded like a Russian accent.

Although, why Liberty City again?

That picture earlier in the thread reminded me of Oblivion :D

Well the game definitely looks good graphics wise, but the trailer was a bit of a dissapointment. I thought they would show some good action / gameplay for sure with all that hype

Well the game definitely looks good graphics wise, but the trailer was a bit of a dissapointment. I thought they would show some good action / gameplay for sure with all that hype

QFT

I was like, "That's it?!" Sure it looks prrdy enough but nothing happened. Nothing. I do believe this video is the true definition of 'teaser'. :mad: This ain't no 'trailer'...

I'll add my comments...

The trailer doesn't really show what time period they're going for here. The car models shown look to be early to mid 90s civic, some later 90s model taxi (crown vic?) and a truck. The rest go by so fast the detail isn't clear. Not sure what the black car is supposed to be.

The detail on the car models in the trailer was disappointing.

The detail on the exterior areas of town is stunning, the shot by the docks and the shot of the main character in the park were great.

The interior shot of grand central and the interior shot of the atrium indicate an increased focus on interior settings which could be cool.

All in all I'm excited, lived up to the hype? eh. Cool? yes.

I can't get the 720p trailer to work on my laptop so I'll have to wait till I get home to see it in hi-def.

Well, I knew exactly what to expect cuz I know how Rockstar does it's teaser trailers. lol
...and boy, did it deliver!!!

i think it's just you eagle, i doubt hitman blood money engine would do a GTA size world.

GG, just another CGI trailer, nothing in-game
Oh and:
c8.jpg

I don't see what all the hype was about, but it does look good. I'm getting sick of people using Philip Glass whenever they want to make a "dramatic impression". Seemed like they were trying too hard to sell GTA IV as god's gift to man, which could be setting people up for disappointment.

Downtown looked great, but I've learned over the years to never trust a trailer. I'll believe it when I play it.

I don't see what all the hype was about, but it does look good. I'm getting sick of people using Philip Glass whenever they want to make a "dramatic impression". Seemed like they were trying too hard to sell GTA IV as god's gift to man, which could be setting people up for disappointment.

Downtown looked great, but I've learned over the years to never trust a trailer. I'll believe it when I play it.
BNS As I turn and look into the sun. . . the rays burn my eyes. Good post, I agree.

Looked graphically amazing, especially compared to the previous installments. It was always a tradeoff to have the pure sandbox environment for things like texture fidelity, but this looks up to snuff (although I still saw some alpha masking issues and the foliage aliasing is crazy in motion). The posters were funny as heck in TS. I'm not feeling the zOMG must have right now though.

nice trailer... i hope rockstar releases the game on PC this time.

Really..........from the looks of it, this game is going to do what the last few GTA's have done. They're made to be great on the console, and then just cheaply ported to the PC. The graphics are nothing spectacular, compared to DX10 PC games.

Color me not excited about GTA: IV. However, I will make my final judgment once I get a chance to try out the game.

Did you just land on planet Earth? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is madness

THIS IS GRAND THEFT AUTO

GG, just another CGI trailer, nothing in-game
Oh and:

no, rockstar doesnt do the cgi movie thing, in any of these type of games. the in game movies are all real time on the engine.

im glad its back to a new york style city again, i think i prefer that.

The game looks good, my brother (fan of grand theft auto) was impressed. I haven't finished a Grand Theft Auto game before but since I have a 360 I'll give it a spin.

If this needs DX10 when it finally comes out for PC I am going to be pissed off. :(
Might not require DX10, but I'll bet it will be Vista-only. Would be quite a coup for the OS. Halo 2, no. Conan MMO, no. GTA IV, possibly. I won't care as I'll be playing the 360 version. As well of Alan Wake and Bioshock. *does the apple juice fart on Vista*

Might not require DX10, but I'll bet it will be Vista-only. Would be quite a coup for the OS. Halo 2, no. Conan MMO, no. GTA IV, possibly. I won't care as I'll be playing the 360 version. As well of Alan Wake and Bioshock. *does the apple juice fart on Vista*

I'm so mad that I bought this computer instead of a PS3 or a Xbox360 :mad:

Really..........from the looks of it, this game is going to do what the last few GTA's have done. They're made to be great on the console, and then just cheaply ported to the PC. The graphics are nothing spectacular, compared to DX10 PC games.

Color me not excited about GTA: IV. However, I will make my final judgment once I get a chance to try out the game.

All the 3D GTA's have been great on the PC, I don't know what you're on about.

The graphics look stunning when you take into consideration the scale of the game, if it looks that good and has a scale similar to any of the previous GTA games then it's going to own hard. Some of the new DX10 stuff coming up for the PC does look impressive but we've not seen how well any of it runs yet and so don't have a realsitic expectation for how it will look on the average gaming machine.

All the 3D GTA's have been great on the PC, I don't know what you're on about.

The graphics look stunning when you take into consideration the scale of the game, if it looks that good and has a scale similar to any of the previous GTA games then it's going to own hard. Some of the new DX10 stuff coming up for the PC does look impressive but we've not seen how well any of it runs yet and so don't have a realsitic expectation for how it will look on the average gaming machine.

I think any thread about a trailer for a console game has to have 2 comments:
1) "Thats not ingame footage"
2) "The pc port better not be half-assed like every other pc game"

Its obligatory, and doesn't require actually viewing the trailer itself, or even knowing what game you're commenting on.

I cant see Rockstar doing a Vista only thing, they dont seem the type. If they release it for the PC they are not going to want to shun people. Hell, look at the fiasco with SA with the coffee mod.

Back