what the heck us up with my ipod

lozaning

2[H]4U
when i plug my ipod into my windows computer vie useverything starts to get screwy, everything runs slow or freezes. the latest version of itunes said it was corrupt so i restored it, only to ahve the same thing happen again. i tried using vpod but that doesnt work either. my ipod works fine by itself to play music(before i resored it as now there isnt anyhting on it) and do whatever.

any ideas as to whats wrong?

Wow dude, I'm not trying to be an ass, but that was really hard to read.

When you say you "restored" iTunes, do you mean you completely uninstalled it and started over? If not, that is what I would try first.

when i plug my ipod my ipod into my computer while itunes is running sometimes it say my ipod is corrupt otherwise it just freezes (itunes) untill i unplug my ipod. i ahve tried restoring my ipod via the utility in itunes

tsn | spazz said:
Your grammar. Mind rewriting your post?
Who the hell cares about grammer in this thread. You get the point. Move on. Dont be a smack tard next time.

Uhm... I had to re-read the post like 4 times to fully understand... Grammar is important, just cuz we're on the "tubes" doesn't mean we should give up the rules of... English.

Uhm, OP... Have you tried a different cable? This happens to me as well, but using a firewire connection solves the problem. I think the USB chip in my iPod is shot...

well i have tried other ipods with the same cable and that seamed to work just fine, but maybe it is my usb chip or somthing. i guess its time to go find my firewire cable

I doubt that the problem lies with the cable...

Any way, if this has happened recently, try to remember what programs you installed recently.

I remember having a similar problem, my computer would go to 99% CPU Usage when I connected my iPod, it turned out my Anti-Virus prog was scanning the whole thing and taking a long to do so..

It would help if you told us under what circumstances your iPod causes the se problems. (with iTunes open, other programs running, downloads at the same time... and so on)

Back