What the heck? only 19000 in 3dmark 01 with 6800 Ultra...

jonesad

Limp Gawd
I just installed my new 6800 Ultra and I only got a 19000 in 3dmark 01?? Then, I tried to run 3dMark 03 and it keeps crashing on me??? Dangit.

Mine was just exiting before because my overclock of my RAM wasn't stable. Did you do any overclocking to cpu, memory, video card? If you did try lowering the speed and try it again. Also try raising the voltage that helped mine.

jonesad said:
I just installed my new 6800 Ultra and I only got a 19000 in 3dmark 01?? Then, I tried to run 3dMark 03 and it keeps crashing on me??? Dangit.

01' is cpu dependant. With my 3.4hgz & GT@423/1.15, I get like 22,000 in 01'. I get ~13,000 in 03'.

Alright, after giving some time for the card to warm up I ran 3dMark03 and got a 12297?
How does that sound for a 3.2Ghz P4 Northwood, 1gig ram? Antec 430 Watt trupower supply

Your scores don't sound far off at all for your setup...what were you expecting? You can't really compare your results to some of those guys who post @ Futuremark....hell some of them spend most of their time tweaking their machines to get the highest score possible. :rolleyes:

That's almost the same specs as my system. Only my cpu is 245mhz faster, and my bus is 15mhz faster. I wouldn't think that would make for a 700 point difference in 03 scores. I know it's a dumb question, but are all your settings in the nVidia control panel set for max performance?

Actually, no they are not. I am not familar with the nvidia control panel so I don't even know how to do that.

Another question, I installed DirectX 9.0c and the 61.77 driver. Should I go to 9.0b and the 61.76?

Thanks

jonesad said:
Actually, no they are not. I am not familar with the nvidia control panel so I don't even know how to do that.

Another question, I installed DirectX 9.0c and the 61.77 driver. Should I go to 9.0b and the 61.76?

Thanks
Okay, if you want to up your score: (for what it's worth)
1.grab coolbits2 from here and overclock your card a little at a time (testing settings) until you find your max.
2. Inside the Forceware turn off AA and AF
3. set image settings to "performance" or "high performance"
4. make Vsync "always off"

See if that helps..

Ehh, I would feel guilty for not mentioning it... but if you adjust the slider to 'high performance' or even 'performance' you are utilizing bits of code that Nvidia has optimized for speed only.... which deviates from the normal "do what the software tells it to do". So if any of your apps start crashing or you notice any problems... adjust is back to quality and the card will do exactly as the software tells it, no "shortcuts".

A long time ago the ti4200 cards wouldnt complete 3dmark03 unless it was set to quality.... just a warning for anyone having problems.

Back