What the heck is going on????

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I have been out of the loop for a while. I just started to price my buddies new PC out and then got to the video card prices. What the hell is going on with Video card prices????

I have been out of the loop for a while. I just started to price my buddies new PC out and then got to the video card prices. What the hell is going on with Video card prices????
Same thing that happened with the 7970s a while back. Mining has taken the supply of cards creating a shortage and higher prices.

You can always buy directly from NVIDIA.

SkeletalAnotherCanvasback-max-14mb.gif

I just listed my card for $975...only a little over what I paid for it actually. It's barely been used. Has original box and receipt I believe in it a well.

ahahahah... LIke I said I have been away.. busy with my life not caring to much about what's going on in the world I guess.

Mining and increased prices for memory. The latter caused by increased smartphone production. Nobody knows when prices will return to normal. The result is that mining cards (1060 and up for Nvidia) are way above retail. And even non-mining cards are up in price as the demand has shifted to those gpu's. Example, 1050ti for $220. And to make matters worse, used cards like 780s and 970s are up in price as buyers scramble to find something. Ebay shows used 780s going for around $180, 970 and 780 ti around $220. Oh, and have a nice day.

Exactly what happened to hdd prices and memory prices.
Don't expect anything to change.
Hdd prices are still not what they used to be 6,7 years ago.
Expect high prices/further increases in price for the next 10 years.

Man this sucks for ppl... so I just dropped my price to $850... I may even be losing money over what I paid which I tihnk was 779.00 plus tax.. so ill lose on paypal fees and shipping but at least someone will have a 1080ti for a reasonable price. Ashame what has happened. I don't need my card as I don't game anymore so maybe someone who can appreciate it will get it. Even tho I am cheaper than anyone else I have seen I am still getting low balled lol. Just not worth parting with for me if I lose money but at this price it's great for someone.

Man this sucks for ppl... so I just dropped my price to $850... I may even be losing money over what I paid which I tihnk was 779.00 plus tax.. so ill lose on paypal fees and shipping but at least someone will have a 1080ti for a reasonable price. Ashame what has happened. I don't need my card as I don't game anymore so maybe someone who can appreciate it will get it. Even tho I am cheaper than anyone else I have seen I am still getting low balled lol. Just not worth parting with for me if I lose money but at this price it's great for someone.

Dropped the price in a matter of 3 hours? Slow down there chap, you're pi$$ing money away. Patience, young jedi, patience.

Sold lol. I didn’t want to make money on it just break even. I’m happy and I’m sure he will be too

I have a buddy that's a video editor that freaked out when he saw that 64gb of regular ram was $950 retail.

His x79 system has that.
He didn't realize 128gb would cost the same as a beater Civic.

I got a solid deal on a 1080ti on amazon for $800...Funny how that is solid in this market haha! Then again it was a FTW 3 so yes it was a great deal. Sucks to have to refresh amazon for 3 hours just to find something in stock haha ;D

Back