What the heck... form works stand-alone, not in Joomla?

Eulogy

2[H]4U
Hey all. Looking for some savvy Joomla users out there hopefully, who can shed light on using forms within static content.
Here's the direct link to the static content:
http://appliedinnovative.com/content/view/34/45/
You can test the form all you want, but hey, it doesn't work. I have no idea why. At least from my work computer.
So, I decided just to test the form itself. That can be found here:
www.thousandwatts.com/formtext.html
That one seems to work. Again, from my box here at work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok,
Just found that this is apparently what Joomla is throwing in the "TO" field for the e-mail address:
Code:
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][SIZE=3]<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to'; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy50891 = 'rsalamon' + '@'; addy50891 = addy50891 + 'nesl' + '.' + 'com'; document.write( '<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + ':' + addy50891 + '\'>' ); document.write( addy50891 ); document.write( '<\/a>' ); //-->\n </script><script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '<span style=\'display: none; \'>' ); //--> </script>This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '</' ); document.write( 'span>' ); //--> </script>[/SIZE][/FONT]

So... er?

Yea, I believe Joomla! has a feature to obfuscate any email addresses in the content pages to keep page scrapers from being able to grab the email address.

For a simple form like that, why aren't you using any of the many form extensions already created for Joomla!? A relatively easy one that I have used in the past is perForms, but for just emailing a form there are several more options.

Yea, I believe Joomla! has a feature to obfuscate any email addresses in the content pages to keep page scrapers from being able to grab the email address.

For a simple form like that, why aren't you using any of the many form extensions already created for Joomla!? A relatively easy one that I have used in the past is perForms, but for just emailing a form there are several more options.
I guess I can give extensions a shot. Didn't think Joomla would really mess with any code like that. Kind of neat, but now I need to download an extension, install it etc. etc...

The geshi bot in Joomla is what changes the email address. You can either unpublish it, or use a form extension.

I prefer Chronoforms. FacileForms is just really... annoying to use. And most of the others are just useless.

Back