What the...? $6 for 1TB?

Ron FTL

[H]ard|Gawd
My friend just linked me to this amazon page.
$567 hdd for $6?

Is this too good to be true or is it a typo?

84160611.jpg

Well. I bought 2 of them. Came up to $23 shipped.
Got an email saying it will be shipped out on the 4th or 5th.

I got a feeling that it is too good to be true though. Or either I am sleeping right now and this is all fake.Or I am really really drunk.

But I am pretty sure I am conscious right now. lol.

Last edited:
If they ship out \o/

These usually get caught before they ship out though, but yeah worth a try.

I'm in for 10.

Gotta love the internet.

About 0 chance it will go through though.

Don

Last edited:
Oh forgot to say:

Thank You Ron FTL if this deal goes through

They will see all these orders Monday and shit themselves lol

(I'm in for 4...)

Huge price error. The only thing that's going to happen is that your credit cards will be tied up with pending charges for days. It's not even Amazon selling them; it's ANTOnline.

Huge price error. The only thing that's going to happen is that your credit cards will be tied up with pending charges for days. It's not even Amazon selling them; it's ANTOnline.

More than likely, but hey, for less than 7 bucks a pop it's worth a try.

In for 10!

where's the link?

There isn't one, at least not anymore, I believe I got the last ones or someone pulled it. I just searched for ANTonline 1TB and found it. However not anymore, even when I click on the link in my orders it takes me to ones being sold by "ApexSuppliers" for $130.95

yeah it's gone and i ordered only 2

Heh, yeah, not like you will be seeing them but (crosses fingers) you never know, will be the best 94 bucks I ever spent if it goes through.

3rd party retailer on amazon makes a price mistake
People jump all over it ordering 10x of whatever they're selling
3rd party cancels all the orders and refunds the money
People spend 4 pages bitching about how they need to honor their advertised price

This happens at least once a month with bulk items. They never go through.

People spend 4 pages bitching about how they need to honor their advertised price

Ding.

People, don't even bother with this kind of stuff. You're not going to get any hard drive online that cheap.

Ya, and if you do take advantage of a price mistake you're not supposed to advertise it ;)

*shrug* I think most of us are expecting the money back and it's not like we spent the last of this week's bread money on five hard drives. If it goes through, you get a bunch of hard drives for cheap, if it doesn't you get nothing and your money back.

Lose? I can't find it.

some companies do honor them just because it makes for good press. if people think they will make more mistakes they will visit the store more often invariably driving more traffic to the site which is a good thing. Though, not all companies do this

Lose? I can't find it.
If you don't take into account time wasted and hopes dashed, then I agree there is no real lose. I was trying to point out that this happens a lot. None of the e-tailers *ever* follow through with the price. And when they get 10k orders which would cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars, I don't blame them.

Just trying to save people some time.

some companies do honor them just because it makes for good press. if people think they will make more mistakes they will visit the store more often invariably driving more traffic to the site which is a good thing. Though, not all companies do this

Only if the overall loss is acceptable...I doubt in this case a price mistake as ridiculous as this one will have even a chance of getting through.

They're gonna cancel it, no doubt. :(

did this ever make it on slickdeals...if so we arent getting it lol

i ordered 600. the confirmation page threw up a bunch of skulls and made some sort of mention about hell and me going to it. j/k :D i dont like putting up one of my bank or cc numbers if im certain something is fishy.

OP here.
I got this:

Order Status Detail
Order Status Tranferred from regional warehouse to central carrier shipping hub
Order Number ***-*******-*******
Order Date May 3 2009 1:50:42
Order Total
Item Total $12.76
Shipping Cost $10.45
Tax $0.00
$23.21

I didn't bother even trying because it's going to be declined. I was thinking of ordering 100 but then I realized that cash might be tied up for weeks if they are slow to refund.

I didn't bother even trying because it's going to be declined. I was thinking of ordering 100 but then I realized that cash might be tied up for weeks if they are slow to refund.

Ha, yeah, I might second guess going for it to if it was going to tie up a grand plus, but I'm not going to die from missing just shy of a 100 bucks. However, in the chance hell freezes over and the flying pigs ship out the drives, you are going to be pissed at your self. :D

Two epic price mistakes in one day: the Kingston 160GB SSDNow and the Seagate 1TB. The last price mistake at ANTonline buyers were charged a restocking fee, even those who refused the package while in transit. Years ago odds were in the favor of the buyer. Will be interesting to see how this materializes in the age of the Blackberry.

The last price mistake at ANTonline buyers were charged a restocking fee, even those who refused the package while in transit. Years ago odds were in the favor of the buyer. Will be interesting to see how this materializes in the age of the Blackberry.

What was the last price mistake? So they actually shipped out the product, or something else in its place? Hard to believe that they would send you an empty box...

Back