What Tablet would you guys suggest for a 17 year old for light use?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
She likes to browse the web, and email, and listen to music.

So something android maybe. But I dont want some tablet with a crap screen either.

Something in the 150 range?

Splurge and get the Google Nexus 7

Price: $199.99 +tax

Good screen, great features, light weight yet durable. Plus since it is a Google device it has a much better chance of receiving most if not all future OS upgrades versus other tablet that you have to wait and see if the manufacturer will release updates.

I'll 2nd the Nexus 7. Couple guys I work with have them and they seem really nice.

Nexus 7 if you want a great Android experience with no work. If you don't mind flashing a new ROM, you can get a Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet used for about $100 that will work well too. If you want a 10" tablet, you can get a used iPad 1 for about $150 or a Tegra 2 tablet (there are quite a few to choose from) for about the same.

Nexus 7 if you want a 7"... otherwise an older generation iPad? Dunno if you can get the iPad 1 for that cost but if you could it'd be a good 10" choice (maybe).

I love my Blackberry Playbook, and it's great for browsing the web, but if you want to use apps then it's a poor choice (very little selection compared to android/apple)

Back