What surface do you play on?

Used a original GS for years, then went to a XT, wore it out quickly then back to a new GS... the GS lasted me 7 years, till it curved way too much.
I think you're mixing up GS and XT. The GS is the one that wears out quickly.

With all the ATI fanboys coming out of the woodwork around these parts lately. I was hoping to see someone post up a nice BIG FAT pic of an ATI branded mouepad. You know all white background with BIG ass ATI red lettering? Nice no? Aye? :)

Went from the old 3M mouse pads (man those were great for ball mice and available at wally world but bad for opticals) then an original Ratpadz (wore it out too much for the optical mouse I had at the time) to Func 1030 (it wore out recently and started delaminating) back to my Ratpadz (rotated it until I wore out each side) to a Razer eXactMat. Currently using the speed side with my Logitech G9x.

Steel QCK HEAVY! When they first released this things, I was at WSVG 2005 and they had over sized makes of it. If they sold those, I'd gladly buy one to have an entire area covered for mousing, keyboarding and little padding for arm resting. I normally hang my pad a little over the edge of my desk to comfort.

With all the ATI fanboys coming out of the woodwork around these parts lately. I was hoping to see someone post up a nice BIG FAT pic of an ATI branded mouepad. You know all white background with BIG ass ATI red lettering? Nice no? Aye? :)

If you were to point me at a link, I would likely buy one depending on the price.

Your post here is the only thing relevant that googles out, other than that crappy looking round one on the official AMD stupid-stuff-store website.

Back when it was ball mouse I used the first Ratpadz... I think it was in 2001. It served me well in CS and Unreal series for a long long time, but then it buckled, upward, and is no longer planar, which makes it a litte freaky to use :D

Now I use a Steelseries 4D mat, but I have worn out the micro groves (in just two years), and it no longer gives me the glide I want using the side that is good for glide. So I will never buy another one of those.

Right now I need a new mat, and I cant stand inertia! It must be ultra glideable, as I play on very high sensitivity and hate the jerks you get from "sticky" surfaces... that sounded wrong.. anyway. Any suggestions to best glide mats appreciated. I hope this does not go for thread high jacking...

nakedhand try steelseries SP + hyperglides, i don't know if it will last you more than 6 months but it will definately suit you, it's propably the fast combo i've ever tried along with func F30R XL + hyperglides

Btw my current setup is zowie's black IMO bundle ( http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=69 ) , just got yesterday from the mail, VERY satified, made the transitition from everglide titan monstermat + regular IMO 1.1 to this one seamlessly, it was kinda expensive ( about 87 euros total from lime.co.uk , europeans gettting their asses robbed again :( :p ) but very well worth it if you ask me.

I've been using the Razer exact mat (control side up) for years now. by far the best surface i've ever used. has a metal base, rubber feet on the corners of each side, so it never slides and my mouse tracks perfectly on it, great all around mat

XTrac Hammer. Nice and big mat with hard plastic on top. Bought it many years ago.

SoFGR: the steelseries SP will surely last longer than 6 months. I've got mine since day 1 release in europe, it's not as smooth as when I first got it but it still is fast as hell. the only surface I can think of that is faster is the F30R although it's not very nice that it's a bendable material, not very nice for LAN's.
I'd recommend the steelseries SP, and I've tried like every mousepad on the market.
which by the way to go ontopic is what I use myself.

nakedhand try steelseries SP + hyperglides, i don't know if it will last you more than 6 months but it will definately suit you, it's propably the fast combo i've ever tried along with func F30R XL + hyperglides

Btw my current setup is zowie's black IMO bundle ( http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=69 ) , just got yesterday from the mail, VERY satified, made the transitition from everglide titan monstermat + regular IMO 1.1 to this one seamlessly, it was kinda expensive ( about 87 euros total from lime.co.uk , europeans gettting their asses robbed again :( :p ) but very well worth it if you ask me.

Thanks for the advice. It will be either that or the SX, too bad there is nowhere to test them first. Hyperglides, thanks again! I am giving them a try, I was actually looking for new glides. I have Steelseries Mouse Glides and they are not that impressive, but I do tend to expect too much.

SoFGR: the steelseries SP will surely last longer than 6 months. I've got mine since day 1 release in europe, it's not as smooth as when I first got it but it still is fast as hell. the only surface I can think of that is faster is the F30R although it's not very nice that it's a bendable material, not very nice for LAN's.
I'd recommend the steelseries SP, and I've tried like every mousepad on the market.
which by the way to go ontopic is what I use myself.

Thanks for the info. I will make sure just to use it for gaming then. No need to wear down a good surface when browsing, which is what I have done in this case.

been using func pads since CS 1.3 days. using the F30.R series now. liking the large surface.:D

How is the mouse in that Zowie bundle? Also, the mouse pad looks great but is probably too big for my desk. Is there any way to get the mouse and pad separately? Thanks.

Go away.

nakedhand: btw it's smoother than when I first got it to the feel, but it's not as "precise". was a bit unclear. anyway, I would not get the SX, if it gets a little dirty it tends to skip a lot when the mouse tracks over one of those spots. not really a bad pad but it wears down very quickly and is a bit sensitive to sweat/dirt. although you probably won't sweat on it cause it is cold... :p

I use the keyboard tray on my desk as a big mousepad. The shelf is powdercoated and my mouse glides nicely on it.

http://us.kensington.com/html/13273.html

It cost me like $2 in a bargain bin, yet I like it more than any other pad I've had and it's lasted me half a decade.

Ratpad GS on the otherhand... ew. Wore down so fast and I didn't like the size/shape. It was the last straw that made me try out cloth pads.

I would consider more expensive cloth pads but this one has served me so well that I haven't had a need to replace it. Probably the best computer-related investment I've ever made.

nakedhand: btw it's smoother than when I first got it to the feel, but it's not as "precise". was a bit unclear. anyway, I would not get the SX, if it gets a little dirty it tends to skip a lot when the mouse tracks over one of those spots. not really a bad pad but it wears down very quickly and is a bit sensitive to sweat/dirt. although you probably won't sweat on it cause it is cold... :p

Thanks for the advice. You are right about the sweat, that doesnt happen here in the north :)
I ordered the SX along with hyperglides anyway, and will see how it goes if I dont use it for any other use than gaming and keep it real clean, which I dont think is going to be a problem. Its too bad that they dont make these things to last though. If I wear it down fast, it will be my last Steelseries product ever.

Where can I even buy a Func nowadays? I got a 1030 when the first came out back in the day, then QCK+. I want to try a hard surface again and go with Func butttt where?

I dropped my Icemat 2, shattering it, over the weekend. Before shopping for another pad, I tried something different. I stuck some teflon feet on my Diamondback mouse and have been using it on my desk. The tracking is smooth, responsive and much more comfortable than with any pad I've used. I love it!

Heh, Xtrac XXL I believe is the biggest mousepad you can get... 36" x 18" Meant for both keyboard + mouse...

It acts more like a wrist-pad for the keyboard (if yours doesn't have one) and is a lot of space for the mouse.

I tried using my desk but it tended to get stuck on stuff... a clean cloth pad is quite smooth.

sdeski7.jpg

OT, but what size monitor is that?

also, people should post the mouse their using with their pad so i get ideas for good combinations :D

fUnc 1030. Smooth side has been worn but the rough side is doing great and I actually prefer the texture. going on 4 years now.

SteelSeries Qck+ Heavy is awesome. Super comfortable, and the size is great because I hate having my mouse at a different level than my wrist/forearm.. at least when I used to game.

The surface I play on is my desk, never has failed me.

aaaww come on, you´ve been fragged once, right? ;)

Anyway, from an earlier post, today my frikking Steelseries SX (aluminum) arrived along with Hyperglides, and it does not glide well in my opinion! The 4D (that I have worn down in most areas) with the Hyperglides on the other hand, it glides! So now I have a $60 mouse pad sitting around GRRRR! But at least I frag better with my old pad now :D

Custom cut and beveled piece of 1/4" thick glass frosted on one side with rubber feet.

Tracks amazingly well with my Deathadder, stays cool to the touch, and looks great too!

p00113u.jpg

Back