What sort of router to get?

I'm thinking of getting a router but i'm not quite sure which.

Wired vs wireless router.

Wired only routers are cheaper aren't they ? Is there any reason to get a wireless router for the extra cost ? Cauz from what i read you get all sorts of problems to worry about whether someone trys to steal your bandwidth or something :/

I'm using a Netgear 614 V1 wired router that did fine ( until Vista came along ...)

Any thoughts to help out :[ ?

ps = I only have like 2-4 pcs that i want to connect to the router for internet sharing, printer sharing, and file sharing :D And i got a P5N32-E Sli motherboard. That has 2 gigabyte ethernet ports.

You may be able to disable the wireless on the combination ones. Having wireless for the extra 20 or so may be worth it to you. For me it is because both my dad and brother come over pretty often and need to use their laptops for their work. Also my computer is in another room from where my cable comes into the apt. I could run wire but for what I use the internet/network for, wireless is more than enough. With the amount of wires I have accumulated from gadgets, computers and phones I am more than happy when I can make do with a wireless solution. I have one computer connected directly to the router which I use for downloading, browsing, trying programs and other BS stuff. My other computer in my room I use for other important stuff to me like school work, sync pda and so on so wireless is nice because I don't have to run cable.

The linksys wrt54 everyone on here likes is 50$ in most places. You could check out the zyxel 550 or dlink 4300 for faster than file sharing between your pc's with wireless as a staring point.

Back